Media Manager software
raylock

I can not locate the general issue Media Manager download site (it used to be on the verizon.com page)  Can someone provide the download address.

I am trying to solve a problem that I encounter with the version from testtrack.  That version (9.3.31) worked the first time I downloaded it but has not worked since.  The TV shows the computer but is unable to locate Media Manager.  I have removed the program and reinstall it, checked the firewall (Verizon Security Suite) and done everything else I can think of. The computer is a PC running XP.

I have version 9.2.97 running on a Vista PC and that works fine, but does not support Internet radio

Thanks

Ray

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager software
Verk
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager software
raylock

That is it.  Thank you very much.  I will not mark the thread as solved yet, in someone has some thoughts on what my problem might be.

0 Likes
Media Manager Problem
raylock

This version 9.2.15 has the same problem.  Any ideas why media manager will not work on this computer would be appreciated.  The firewall software (Verizon and Microsoft) show Verizon media manager as permitted applications.   Verizon Media Manager  did work for a while and I did not make changes to anything in the interm.  I have rebooted the router, the media DVR and, of course, the computer, and reinstall the software but this did not solve the problem.  Media Manager works on a PC running Vista and on a Mac but not on this PC running XP all on the same home network.  Any ideas would be appreciated

0 Likes
Media Manager & photo aspect ratio
stan2532

I hope somebody is watching this thread - last post was last year!

When displaying my PC pix on my TV, either the DVR or Media Manager is stretching my 4:3 and 6:4 photos to fill my 16:9 screen. If I crop the photo to 16:9, then the picture shrinks slightly in the vertical. Is there a setting somewhere to make the system retain aspect ratio? I would like to see my photos as large as possible with no distortion; my DVD player  (showing .jpg from USB) can handle this issue with no problem.

0 Likes
Trying to add WBZ as a radio station
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cannot get WBZ to work.  In windows media player I can,  and it points to: 
http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/asx/WBZAM.asx   I can successfully add this url to Verizon Media Manager when adding a custom station, however, it fails to connect when I try playing.  Are there any other url's to try? 

Also note that Verizon Media Manager translates the above URL to these: 

http://208.80.52.130:80/wbzamcmp3
http://208.80.52.130:3690/wbzamcmp3
http://208.80.52.130:443/wbzamcmp3

But they all fail to connect when I attempt to play them.

Thanks for any help!!

-oceanx

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Miscellaneous Issues (Photo problems, OS questions, and General posts)
jeff52

The video links on the Media Manager Web page http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/MediaManager.aspx

are not working.

0 Likes
Media Manager playback problem
midiexpert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having some playback issue with Media Manager, started a couple of days ago. 2 weeks ago I upgraded my AV receiver and then this week also upgraded my HDTV. All was ok, but the new TV (Samsung) has it's own media content playback feature, so in order to set this up I attempted to an additional optical audio connection, so I went from having my Motorola set top DVR's optical out going into my new receiver (no change there) and also my TV's optical audio out connected to another optical input on my receiver. Now I'm having problems with no audio from media manager, until I cycle through all my receiver's inputs and go back to the original (HDMI)--then I hear the sound. Strange. I've gone back to my original connection but I'm still having the problem. I'm guessing it actually might be an issue with the receiver (Pioneer Elite) but am trying to see if I can isolate the problem, in case media manager or even my STB are having issues. TV playback, blu=ray playback, all else is ok, just media manager playback forces me to cycle through the digital inputs to hear sound. Never had the issue before--just hoping there is an easy fix.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Miscellaneous Issues (Photo problems, OS questions, and General posts)
10nisman94
Contributor - Level 1

Are there any plans to add better codec support, or user specified decoders/transcoders? mkv playback would be nice. Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
multi media manager
Esmeralda

I have a MAC and was using the multi media manager for music and pictures a while back then they had some problems and it quit working.

Now it is back up and working.

But now when I play music the TV channel is also on the screen. Before the album and artist was on the screen now it's only at the top of the screen and the TV picture is on.

Is there a way to turn off the TV picture and only see the album or artist that is playing?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes