Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Media Manager - TV doesn't see my PC, because it is behind a Wireless N router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Media Manager - TV doesn't see my PC, because it is behind a Wireless N router

Message 1 of 4
(4,682 Views)

TV doesn't see my PC.  I have the Verizon provider router that connects to the TV and to my TrendNet Wireless NRouter.  Then my host computer for the MediaManager is connected to the TrendNet.  I have other computers on the Trendnet Network as well.  The WireLessN was necessary as the wireless on the Verizon router didn't work good enough in my house.

I checked on the host computer had the right ports open and verified that the firewall was open for the MediaManager.

I know how to work with the TrendNet router (somewhat).  Seems like I could use static routing or port forwarding, if someone could just tell me where to go here....    The Verizon support folks i talked to would NOT go near this issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Media Manager - TV doesn't see my PC, because it is behind a Wireless N router

Message 2 of 4
(4,661 Views)

Need a little more info. How do you have the 802.11n router connected? Is it set up as a bridge? If not, you probably have a subnet set up and the STB won't be able to see it.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Media Manager - TV doesn't see my PC, because it is behind a Wireless N router

Message 2 of 4
(4,662 Views)

Need a little more info. How do you have the 802.11n router connected? Is it set up as a bridge? If not, you probably have a subnet set up and the STB won't be able to see it.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,636 Views)

The N router is a basic out of box configuration.  I didn't do anything to setup up as a bridge. The only thing I did was to point it at the verizon DNS servers.  I do expect that this configuration is the reason the STB box can't see the computer.  Question is what can I do about it?

I don't know if this tells you anything but this is my IPConfig...

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : <edited for technical reasons by Kathleen>
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.200
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Thanks,

jeff

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(4,631 Views)

I re-configured the N router to be a bridge and it works and my other computers work fine.  I've can't find the NRouter any more to configure it, but then at this moment, I don't need to <edited as a test Jaime_Lee Community Admin>

Thanks,

jeff

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.