Re: Media Manager
8string1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree, MM doesn't do video very well.  It stutters frequently and the video and audio get out of sync.  Also, no way to pause, FF or rewind.

Not ready for prime time. 

0 Likes
Media Manager For os?
Litezoner
Okay, so I have worked for a while I might add to get the video on verizon media manager up and running on my tv, Here is what I have discovered. I have an Intel quad core with 4G ram, But the main issue seems to be with windows vista Home Premium 32Bit, I have installed,updated, and downloaded every codec known and still have issues only with video. So, After several attemps I was curious. I decided to install media manager on my business machine in my office (Garage) and of course Vuella, all works well, in fact almost to well. Windows XP Pro seems to deliver the Verizon goods just fine with no problems. So as I am writing this letter I am wondering if I switch ports on my Verizon wireless router will work? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Media Manager
flabbergasted

Anyone else having trouble viewing mpeg video files from their PC in Media Manager?

Tech support says tough luck we sell it and take your money but you are on your own so here I am.

The problem is, when I push "OK" to play on the thumbnail on the TV in Media manager after the 15 second wait the operation times out and says try again. the photos and music play just fine on the TV and the videos play in Media Manager on the PC but not the TV

HELP!!!!! Anyone? 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager video playback issues
Pstone

Is there a more active forum addressing issues with the media manager? Mine studders horrible on every single video of which they look pretty aweful. I'm hooked to a gigabit network so speed isn't the issue - it seems that the software just can't deal with video yet?

0 Likes
antman

@blegs38552 wrote:

Ok - I just ran the Live Update and was able to view the WMV and AVI videos in Media Manager.

I have to note, however, that when I am running my AVI file in full screen mode, the picture is awful - very pixelated and not sharp.

Hopefully, the quality will be improved in future releases. The quality is fine when viewed on my PC.

Yeah, this is my problem too. But I haven't tried it within the last two weeks, so maybe there is an update now?!?

I was hoping that I could stop connecting my laptop directly to my TV for AVI/MPG video playblack and just tap into my basement desktop with MM, but until the MM quality improves, I'm still stuck with my TV/Laptop direct connection. 😞

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

I've had some luck by totally uninstalling Media Manager from my pc and downloading a fresh copy..

hope that helps

sharkman

0 Likes
re4701

I am still having difficulties with this issue.  Some videos play, but most including Tokyo Harbor simply time out.  Tried putting MedManager on Wireless Laptop and Tokyo Harbor played from that server 1 time and then timed out when i tried to play it again.

I tried removing ffdshow. uninstalling MM, rebooting, installing MM, rebooting but still no luck. (using Vista Home Premium)

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Video Playback Issues
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

If you are unable to view videos via MM or are experiencing "choppy" video, here are the initial T/S steps:

The following steps should be used as a guide to resolve errors that may occur while using Verizon’s Media Manager to play video files.

1.      In Media Manager, verify that critical dependencies are met by clicking on Help>Dependency Checker Wizard.

2.      Reboot the 3 components:  PC, Set-Top Box, and the Verizon router.

3.      Verify that your PC is hardwired to the router

4.      Verify that you can view the Verizon sample video on both your PC and your TV.

5.      If able to view on PC but not on TV, run the VZLive Update from the Media Manager utility on your PC.  Click on: Help>Video Component Check.

6.      If you can view the sample video but not your own video files, check that the video is in a supported format.

If all of the above steps have been taken and you still experience video playback issues, please post here of contact Verizon Technical Support at (888) 553-1555.

0 Likes
lfarmer

I am having issues with MM playing back videos on my TV as well.  Some videos, such as the sample videos, and some others from my computer play OK but others do not.  I am trying to play back an MP4 video on the TV.  This video plays OK in MM but when I try to play it on the TV I get the unable to play at this time message.  Another MP4 video in the same playlist plays just fine on the TV.  Why the difference?  when I run update it says I have the latest software upgrade.

0 Likes
mkgator2

The video playback is not even close to being ready for prime time.  Verizon should remove it and go back to the drawing board.

I have tried every tip in this forum.  My computer is running a quad core amd with 4 gig of ram off a sata drive.  Video on MM is pixelated, blurry and that's when the video plays at all.

My xbox 360 connected to the same computer plays the same exact videos just fine over a wireless connection.

What's up Verizon?

0 Likes