Re: Media Manager Video Playback Issues
BucBrew

I have had some playback choppiness with some movies.  I use the ffdshow codec which is pretty much a gold standard for codecs.  I have an i7 920 w/ 12GB of RAM and the videos are hosted on an SSD drive. 

My main issue however is when I am playing the videos to my TV they are 16:9 but show up on my Samsung LN55A as 4:3.  My Home media HD DVR is conencted vis HDMI (not that it matters for this issue).  Is there a Setting I am missing somewhere?  I have updated my Verizon Media Manager software on my PC. 

0 Likes
BucBrew

Can I get a reply on this/  Someone else must be ahving the 4:3 issue I am experiencing.  Brian K?  Am I missing something here?

0 Likes
bluline

Been reading the thread and I have similar problems in not being able to play videos.

I can not play the Tokyo.wmv, but the weird part is that I can play some videos.  basically, I can play anything encoded as MPEG1.  No AVI, No WMV, No MPEG2.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

- dan

0 Likes
Technophile

When I try to scan a video folder or add a file to the playlist, I get the message "The media files you are trying to scan may be corrupted or not supported by Media Manager" despite the fact that the files I am trying to scan are supported. I am running Windows XP.

0 Likes
BucBrew

4:3 issue, reply, anyone?

0 Likes
FiosSinceYr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Buc,

What is your SD override setting on the set top box set to. Main Menu -> Settings -> Video Settings -> SD Over ride?

For me on my 16:9 screen, if I set it to any thing other than OFF it plays in 16:9 w/o letter boxing. But if i set it to OFF it is playing in 4:3.

Hope it helps,

0 Likes
dandavis1976

"The media files you are trying to scan may be corrupted or not supported by Media Manager"

I get the same error message.  Funny thing is, I lowered the resolution on my DVD rips (yes, they are my DVD's) to play on my cell phone, and those videos upload and play just fine.  I think the MM is having a problem with any videos over 1GB...

My rips are all MP4, FWIW.

0 Likes
mkgator2

Regarding your 4:3 issue.  I'm jealous you even have this issue yet dissapointed I can't help you.

Why can't I help you?  Because none of my video's play at any ratio.  I'm ratiolesss.

Sorry I couldn't help but enjoy the fact that your video actually plays back at all.

0 Likes
BucBrew

My 4:3 issue was the SD override seting on my FiOS STB.  Now it stretches he SD shows, but I digress.

Really FOS has top notch service.  However the STB's they use are garbage. 

0 Likes
kipwood
I upgraded my Media Manager to version 9.3.15 two days ago. I have two problems:

1) Some videos play in monochrome (green color) on the computer screen while others work fine. These videos happen to work fine (in color) on the TV. This problem is also associated with one of the 2 machines I have. Any ideas what the problem is and how to correct it.

2) My machines are on a Mbps LAN but the streaming video quality on the TV is poor compared to what I get directly on the computers. I have tried to increase the bitrate on the Media Player, but no difference. Any ideas on how to correct it?

0 Likes