Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Media Manager video playback issues

Message 25 of 168
(16,533 Views)

Good Afternoon  lpiatt,

Are you able to atleast Play the sample Video

Also for some reason I had to add the Video to a Playlist before I could see it on the STB Not sure what was that about but might help

You do have the PC wired to the router which was going to be my next recommendation

Also Check you Video on Demand quality that might give you a hint if the connection between the router and STB might not be so great.

Good Luck

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 40 of 168
(16,451 Views)

I updated my K-lite codec pack (used for orb which I also run on the same system).  When I fired up  media manager again the ffdshow dialog box popped up again.  It asked if ffdshow should allow media manager to use ffdshow - to which I said yes.  After doing so, I am now able to stream video but my music files still do not play....

FYI.. The video quality is poor.  Changing the bit rate from medium to medium-high to high makes no change in the video quality.  I am running media manager on an AMD 4200+ / 1GB RAM / Gigabit NIC card / CAT-6...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 42 of 168
(16,109 Views)

Yes, I've done all this, and run the register.bat and register3ivx.bat files as directed by telephone support.

It does not play the included sample file.

It gives an error that the operation timed out.

Editing the video rates changes nothing.

Yes, I have the parental PIN set up.

I have 1gig+ memory on a dedicated media server. AMD 3800 win XP sp 3 

Message Edited by lmpiatt on 07-24-2009 02:08 PM
Message Edited by lmpiatt on 07-24-2009 02:29 PM
Message Edited by lmpiatt on 07-24-2009 02:30 PM
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 44 of 168
(16,099 Views)
I tried your suggestions and the sample video played but the video quality was even worse than my own videos.  In fact it was about as bad as a 4th or 5th generation VHS tape copy.  I was going to try to force high bitrate but that requires another full scan of my system so I won't be able to try it for another hour or more.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 61 of 168
(16,009 Views)

Impiatt exact same issue here, video just times out. Doesn't matter what video or stream I try, I've also tried reinstalling the software as well all with no results. What model router/STB are you using?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 90 of 168
(15,773 Views)

I have the westell Router and the Motorola HD DVR,  Marked QIP 7216 1 on the front...

There was an upgrade again today to the DVR, and there was an update available to the software on the PC.

I am STILL getting "The requested operation has timed out" when trying to play any video.. internet, the included sample or anything I've got.

Music and Photos seem to work just fine. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 91 of 168
(15,756 Views)

And after getting off the phone with tech support, I got told that there is a patch coming out sept 1 for XP..

Seems all the software was geared towards Vista...

At least, that's the story they're telling me this time.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 92 of 168
(15,743 Views)
I'm running Vista on one machine and could only get the sample video to play once.  Couldn't do it again.  On my XP machine couldn't get any video to play.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 93 of 168
(15,744 Views)

Charles,

I tried what you say below, and I can't even play the sample video. I get the following error message.

We encountered an error. Please vistit your computer and click on Media Manager Help menu. Select the option Video Component Check and follow the instructions to resume video playback on TV screen. 

Tried that still no luck? Any other ideas? Why this isn't working, prior to the last update a few days ago, I was only able to play the sample video now I can't play anything. My local file I am trying to play is .mpg format from a sony video camera.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 94 of 168
(15,738 Views)
I figured I would have to wait for the next update. Thanks for the info, I didn't even attempt to call tech support, since I am in the technical field I hate dealing with idiots, figured I would be on the phone for hours without any resolution, so I figured to check this board, I can't believe it will take that long for a fix though, unbelievable.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.