Switch Account

Media Manager Video Playback Issues

Media Manager Video Playback Issues

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 38 of 168
(10,233 Views)

scubajon wrote:

I am having a similar issue with a different twist. Pictures work fine, but music and video do NOT work. I am using ActionTec router and Windows Vista. I can see video and hear music through Media Manager on the computer but not on the Set top box.

When I choose a song or video, the box reads 'h5-' and I get a message that the song/video cannot be played.

In terms of your streaming audio:

1)   Check the bit rate.  128 kbps is optimal, should not exceed 192 kbps. 

2)   Check the file format.  Supported Music Formats are:  MP3, WAV, WMA and M4A. 

Still working on video streaming issues.  Will keep you posted. 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Employee Emeritus
Message 39 of 168
(10,231 Views)

spider122 wrote:

I'm also having problems with the video. 

I have it on my Windows XP, 1.5 GB memory, 2.6GHz machine where I can get the sample file to play, but not the internet video.  I tried the update, but no luck.  The pictures seem to work fine.  The update suggested here did not help.

I also tried it on my HP Mediasmart Windows Home Server which is only 500 MB memory, 1.8 GHz which I can't get either the video file to work or the internet video, but the pictures work ok like they did with the old version.

Any idea what the problem is?

Hi there.  On your PC, you are able to play the sample file, but not your own video file.  If the video file is in a supported format, this might be a codec issue.  Try to play another, in supported format, on that PC. 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Contributor spider122
Contributor
Message 41 of 168
(10,213 Views)

On the one computer, I can play the sample file, but not any internet files.

All my videos from my camera are .mov files so I'm not going to be able to use this streaming feature until .mov files are supported anyway, but I'd like to at least get everything that's supposed to work, working.

Is there any plans to support .mov files in the future?

Thanks.

Contributor scubajon
Contributor
Message 43 of 168
(10,187 Views)

In terms of your streaming audio:

1)   Check the bit rate.  128 kbps is optimal, should not exceed 192 kbps. 

2)   Check the file format.  Supported Music Formats are:  MP3, WAV, WMA and M4A. 

Still working on video streaming issues.  Will keep you posted. 

Hi Brian,

The audio (very same files nothing changed there) worked on the previous version of Media Manager. It only stopped working when I did the new update.

As a question, how do I check the bit rate? I know that sounds stupid, but I am not sure how to check

Copper Contributor FiOS-Dave
Copper Contributor
Message 45 of 168
(10,201 Views)

Another voice added...

Same issue as Sharkman. Tried everything mentioned, so far.

Have tried with Media Manager installed on machines with XP, Vista and Windows 7 RC.

Audio and pictures work fine. No Video, not even sample.

Could there be something in the Actiontec setup causing this?

I haven't tried bypassing the Actiontec, but if it works with audio and pictures, I would think

it should work with video, as well.

By the way, I've tried it with computer via wireless AND also with computer hard wired to the router.

Dave

Copper Contributor FWPIII
Copper Contributor
Message 46 of 168
(10,190 Views)
I am in the same situation, the video portion does not work. I have added media manager to my firewall, I had shut the firewall down completely, still no luck. I tried the liveupdate fix, that didn't help. I am surprised at how much trouble this is causing, this should have shown up in any kind of QA testing.
Copper Contributor FWPIII
Copper Contributor
Message 47 of 168
(10,189 Views)

I should have mentioned that the picture and music options do work as they did before.

Thanks

Employee Emeritus
Message 48 of 168
(10,184 Views)
To be honest, the software was in public beta for a long while. It's not like the software was released all will-nilly. Once we can figure out a fix or patch or even a workaround, I will be sure to post it.
Contributor satn7374
Contributor
Message 49 of 168
(10,146 Views)

Charles,

Pretty much same issue here. Can't play my videos...I'm getting the timed out message...internet videos, photos, and music are all ok. I've tried my mpegs and avi's with no luck. Also, when importing an avi and mpegs the media manager software tells me some files is not compatible. It will import some but not others and they are all the same file type.

Looking forward to a fix...thanks!

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 50 of 168
(10,114 Views)

Charles - I was a member of the beta program and was never able to play AVI files throughout the entire test period. I am not able to play the Tokyo Harbor.wmv file that was included in my download of the latest version of the video player.

Am running on a VISTA and Win 7 RC dual boot laptop - tried both hard wired and wireless connection. No difference.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.