Re: Media Manager
fioscustomer3
I just got done uninstalling media manager and reinstalling, still get the Timeout error message.
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager video playback issues
fioscustomer3

Impiatt exact same issue here, video just times out. Doesn't matter what video or stream I try, I've also tried reinstalling the software as well all with no results. What model router/STB are you using?

0 Likes
salsaman2

Update:

When I first installed the last software update the videos played without a problem.  I tried to view videos last night and they are not playing again. I back to square one.

0 Likes
FWPIII

I also tried reinstalling the media manager software, still get the same error message, cannot play videos at this time, no change since I originally upgraded to this version of media manager.

Has anyone heard anything about Verizon releasing a patch or fix for this problem?

0 Likes
salsaman2
I thought I'd try the Live Update solution again to see if would fix the problem. Videos are now playing again. I guess until a permanent fix is released I'll just have to run the live update every time the videos stop playing.
0 Likes
70melbatoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am hit or miss with .avi files. Its random, when I add them to MM I get the corrupted/unsupported format message and it wont add to MM. Again this is hit or miss, about 75% of the files play fine.

Charles,

Are there any guidlines for .avi files or how they are created. Somebody mentioned a codec issue, if that is the case what are the supported methods to insure functional .avi files? Thanks for all the help on this one.

*I have done the live update, and still havin the same issues with several .avi's. I can't add them to the MM library.

Message Edited by 70melbatoast on 07-29-2009 06:27 PM
0 Likes
FWPIII
I tried running the live update process again, still get the same message that it cannot play the video, which happens to be the sample video supplied with the software. This is not looking very promising
0 Likes
fioscustomer3

Here's an update, I tried a different computer that is hooked up to my network via ethernet and it plays the videos just fine. So why won't it play on this machine?

These are my specs:

Proc. Intel I7 920

Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

RAM:  3 gigs Triple Channel

Ethernet: Using stock what is on the mobo.

Last Windows Install: 3-4 months ago.

Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

That is all i can think of, also on a side note the video quality isn't all that great so if you're trying to use this as an alternative to running an HDMI/Component cable to your TV then you may wanna stick with running the cable.

0 Likes
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

Ok - I just ran the Live Update and was able to view the WMV and AVI videos in Media Manager.

I have to note, however, that when I am running my AVI file in full screen mode, the picture is awful - very pixelated and not sharp.

Hopefully, the quality will be improved in future releases. The quality is fine when viewed on my PC.

Went back in to try again and got a message that Media Manager is not able to play this video ath tis time. Please try again later.

Do I have to run Live Update every time I want to use this application? Seems ridiculous to me.

0 Likes
LouTh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brian .....

That did it!  Thanks very much.....

Am a bit disappointed in the video selection on the Internet tho....

0 Likes