Re: Media Manager
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3
You can only stream internet video directly from 4 websites: YouTube, Blip.tv, DailyMotion, and Veoh.  They are presumably working on more (of COURSE they are)  Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by CapnTrips on 08-07-2009 01:48 PM
0 Likes
FiOS-Dave1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley Very HappyI can finally play all allowed videos!

The final piece of my puzzle was to set the firewall to accept the vtserver app.

There are still a few (of many) videos that appear as corrupt, but play OK

using MM on my laptop.

I am using Vista Home Premium and Windows OneCare to handle the firewall issues.

Now all I need is the ability to view my HD video and VOB files (without converting them)!

Dave

0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

New MM update  9.2.72 scheduled to hit today.  Improvements made to installer and to video quality.  To run, open MM and click Help>Video Component Check. 

0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:

New MM update  9.2.72 scheduled to hit today.  Improvements made to installer and to video quality.  To run, open MM and click Help>Video Component Check. 

Keeping my fingers crossed.  Did a quick test this morning before going to work, and was able to ACCESS mutlimedia content from 2 computers on two different DVRs, but the PLAYBACK quality and consistency were awful.  Home video avi files consistently stutter, skip and have audio dropouts.  Other mpg and wmv files play at about a 15% rate - the rest of the time they time out or "unavailable at this time" or something like that.  Just before I left, I got the alert to download a Media Manager update.  I left it downloading on one machine and will do the other tonight.  I hope it cures a number of these problems (like playback of vob and mkv files?)

This is a GREAT idea, but to date the implementation has been quite poor.

0 Likes
Jack55

I too find the video quality not too good when playing an AVI from my PC.  (I did the upgrade this morning).

Does anyone have a reccomendation on which video format would yield the best quality when playing video from a PC (or maybe it doesn't make a difference)?

0 Likes
Nukeman1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Installed the new update, 9.2.72  with absolutly no change. Still can't even play the Verizon's Sample video at my STB.
0 Likes
FWPIII

I applied the latest update, verified it installed correctly, tried playing the sample video supplied, still doesn't work. In all my attempts the video portion of meia manager has never worked at all. Yet when checking my DVR yesterday I got another long message from verizon telling me of the wonders of media manager and the ability to play videos.

Has anyone ever gotten this to play, correctly the first or even sencond time they tried.

0 Likes
fioscustomer3

Well I uninstalled the version I had and downloaded and tried to install the new version, now I'm stuck in a loop at the location page in the installer, you just hit next and nothing happens. So now I don't have MM installed at all and can't install it lol. Below is a link to a screenshot of the page, and yes I deleted the Verizon folder before attempting the install.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6078/vmm.jpg

0 Likes
Re: Media manager
wcarboni

to Brian K:

I had the same problem as sharkman no streaming video,  solved by resetting the router and everything came on line. it worked for me.  hope that works for others.

wcarboni

0 Likes
Ras1112

With latest update it seems MM runs smooter but not much luck playing videos. Photos is fine, music 50-50!

Same "Time-out" or "Unable to play at this time" massages, although I was able to play all of them in MM player on my computer!

There should be some major issue, it's not just hit&miss in my case. So far never had any video played on TV, smal/big different formats seems don't matter. Again everything works on comp but TV is defferent story!

0 Likes