Switch Account

Media Manager Video Playback Issues

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Media Manager

Message 82 of 168
(8,400 Views)

New MM update  9.2.72 scheduled to hit today.  Improvements made to installer and to video quality.  To run, open MM and click Help>Video Component Check. 

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 83 of 168
(8,393 Views)

@FIOSTechBrian wrote:

New MM update  9.2.72 scheduled to hit today.  Improvements made to installer and to video quality.  To run, open MM and click Help>Video Component Check. 

Keeping my fingers crossed.  Did a quick test this morning before going to work, and was able to ACCESS mutlimedia content from 2 computers on two different DVRs, but the PLAYBACK quality and consistency were awful.  Home video avi files consistently stutter, skip and have audio dropouts.  Other mpg and wmv files play at about a 15% rate - the rest of the time they time out or "unavailable at this time" or something like that.  Just before I left, I got the alert to download a Media Manager update.  I left it downloading on one machine and will do the other tonight.  I hope it cures a number of these problems (like playback of vob and mkv files?)

This is a GREAT idea, but to date the implementation has been quite poor.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 84 of 168
(8,385 Views)

I too find the video quality not too good when playing an AVI from my PC.  (I did the upgrade this morning).

Does anyone have a reccomendation on which video format would yield the best quality when playing video from a PC (or maybe it doesn't make a difference)?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 85 of 168
(8,362 Views)
Installed the new update, 9.2.72  with absolutly no change. Still can't even play the Verizon's Sample video at my STB.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 86 of 168
(8,409 Views)

I applied the latest update, verified it installed correctly, tried playing the sample video supplied, still doesn't work. In all my attempts the video portion of meia manager has never worked at all. Yet when checking my DVR yesterday I got another long message from verizon telling me of the wonders of media manager and the ability to play videos.

Has anyone ever gotten this to play, correctly the first or even sencond time they tried.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 87 of 168
(8,397 Views)

Well I uninstalled the version I had and downloaded and tried to install the new version, now I'm stuck in a loop at the location page in the installer, you just hit next and nothing happens. So now I don't have MM installed at all and can't install it lol. Below is a link to a screenshot of the page, and yes I deleted the Verizon folder before attempting the install.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6078/vmm.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Media manager

Message 88 of 168
(8,354 Views)

to Brian K:

I had the same problem as sharkman no streaming video,  solved by resetting the router and everything came on line. it worked for me.  hope that works for others.

wcarboni

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 89 of 168
(8,352 Views)

With latest update it seems MM runs smooter but not much luck playing videos. Photos is fine, music 50-50!

Same "Time-out" or "Unable to play at this time" massages, although I was able to play all of them in MM player on my computer!

There should be some major issue, it's not just hit&miss in my case. So far never had any video played on TV, smal/big different formats seems don't matter. Again everything works on comp but TV is defferent story!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 98 of 168
(8,145 Views)

I hate to sound like a broekn record (for those who still remember what a record is), has anyone found a fix for the media manager video problem. I keep getting nice info popups from verizon telling me about this wonderful product that I cannot get to work.

anyone else have a real sucess with this yet?

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 99 of 168
(8,139 Views)

I have been test MM with my laptop and was finally able to break it so I couldnt stream video so I had the same issue as much of the users on this thread.  (What I did I'm not sure exactly...may have something with the new update aswell)

I wasnt able to stream anything to the hub, but they would play in MM.  I had not only powercycle my DVR, but also my reboot my computer + reinstalled MM. After that, I was back to streaming again.

That's what I have so far.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.