Switch Account

Media Manager Video Playback Issues

Media Manager Video Playback Issues

Copper Contributor salsaman
Copper Contributor
Message 62 of 168
(12,573 Views)

Update:

When I first installed the last software update the videos played without a problem.  I tried to view videos last night and they are not playing again. I back to square one.

Copper Contributor FWPIII
Copper Contributor
Message 63 of 168
(12,569 Views)

I also tried reinstalling the media manager software, still get the same error message, cannot play videos at this time, no change since I originally upgraded to this version of media manager.

Has anyone heard anything about Verizon releasing a patch or fix for this problem?

Copper Contributor salsaman
Copper Contributor
Message 64 of 168
(12,550 Views)
I thought I'd try the Live Update solution again to see if would fix the problem. Videos are now playing again. I guess until a permanent fix is released I'll just have to run the live update every time the videos stop playing.
Copper Contributor 70melbatoast
Copper Contributor
Message 65 of 168
(12,497 Views)

I too am hit or miss with .avi files. Its random, when I add them to MM I get the corrupted/unsupported format message and it wont add to MM. Again this is hit or miss, about 75% of the files play fine.

Charles,

Are there any guidlines for .avi files or how they are created. Somebody mentioned a codec issue, if that is the case what are the supported methods to insure functional .avi files? Thanks for all the help on this one.

*I have done the live update, and still havin the same issues with several .avi's. I can't add them to the MM library.

Message Edited by 70melbatoast on 07-29-2009 06:27 PM
Copper Contributor
Message 66 of 168
(12,583 Views)
I tried running the live update process again, still get the same message that it cannot play the video, which happens to be the sample video supplied with the software. This is not looking very promising
Contributor fioscustomer3
Contributor
Message 67 of 168
(12,578 Views)

Here's an update, I tried a different computer that is hooked up to my network via ethernet and it plays the videos just fine. So why won't it play on this machine?

These are my specs:

Proc. Intel I7 920

Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

RAM:  3 gigs Triple Channel

Ethernet: Using stock what is on the mobo.

Last Windows Install: 3-4 months ago.

Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

That is all i can think of, also on a side note the video quality isn't all that great so if you're trying to use this as an alternative to running an HDMI/Component cable to your TV then you may wanna stick with running the cable.

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 68 of 168
(12,524 Views)

Ok - I just ran the Live Update and was able to view the WMV and AVI videos in Media Manager.

I have to note, however, that when I am running my AVI file in full screen mode, the picture is awful - very pixelated and not sharp.

Hopefully, the quality will be improved in future releases. The quality is fine when viewed on my PC.

Went back in to try again and got a message that Media Manager is not able to play this video ath tis time. Please try again later.

Do I have to run Live Update every time I want to use this application? Seems ridiculous to me.

Contributor LouTh
Contributor
Message 69 of 168
(12,490 Views)

Brian .....

That did it!  Thanks very much.....

Am a bit disappointed in the video selection on the Internet tho....

Copper Contributor
Message 70 of 168
(12,415 Views)
I have run the liveupdate again, still cannot play any video including the sample provided by verizon. I can play music and look at pictures but that is about it. This is frustrating that a fix for this issue cannot be provided.
Contributor seplant
Contributor
Message 71 of 168
(12,355 Views)
What is the maximum resolution that a media manager streamed video will be displayed at?  Will a 1080p video display at this resolution?  What video formats are accepted?  Is this type of information documented anywhere?  Thanks.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.