Media Manager Woes
Procco

I'm having a horrid time setting this up.

My FiOS service rules.  The internet is fast, the TV quality beautiful, but I have not been able to get the Media Manager to work for me at all.

There really needs to be a set of instructions for people utilizing a 3rd party router. 

I have a Netgear router with my PVR plugged into, but my Media manager and PVR do not recognize each other at all.

I do not have my PVR hooked into my FiOS modem.

I have a firewall exception for Media Manager.  It still doesn't matter.

My CPU is running Vista 64.  I just use the Windows Firewall.

What is going on here?  Why don't they see each other?

Can anybody help me set this up to function properly?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Woes
prisaz
Legend

@Procco wrote:

I'm having a horrid time setting this up.

This post belongs in the FiOS TV Technical Assistance board. The moderator will most likely move it.

My FiOS service rules.  The internet is fast, the TV quality beautiful, but I have not been able to get the Media Manager to work for me at all.

There really needs to be a set of instructions for people utilizing a 3rd party router. 

Verizon cannot support 3rd party routers. Just to many of them. It takes enough time to support their own.

I have a Netgear router with my PVR plugged into, but my Media manager and PVR do not recognize each other at all.

Do you mean DVR? If you use a 3rd party router, many of the Verizon features will not work. The Verizon router has special firmware and settings.

I do not have my PVR hooked into my FiOS modem.

FiOS does not use a modem. It uses a router. Unless you are in a multi dwelling unit, then it may be using VDSL. The DVR gets everything through the coax, and must be connected to IP through the coax to get guide updates and other features. This requires a NIM-100 or the Verizon router.

I have a firewall exception for Media Manager.  It still doesn't matter.

My CPU is running Vista 64.  I just use the Windows Firewall.

What is going on here?  Why don't they see each other?

We would need more information on all network hardware you have, and how it is connected.

Can anybody help me set this up to function properly?

Perhaps with more information. If your DVR is on a different network, on the other side or a 3rd party router, it may be tough to make it work. Need more information.

0 Likes