Media Manager crashing on windows 7
tru0076

Hello,

I have the current version of MM. Every time I try to add media files to my MM it ends up crashing. Is there a solution for this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager crashing on windows 7
sonicthoughts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too.  This does not seem like  well maintained software.  I've never had anything but frustration.

0 Likes
Machete1

It doesn't even work for me on any of my three Win 7 HP machines. All the computers are left on and along with the VZ Media Manager. After a few hours MM is no longer running. MM stops running at different time intervals on each machine. I can't load videos either. When I try to load any of the so called supported videos I get a message telling me that the file type is not supported. I can't load photos either because it doesn't support .TIFFs and that's the file type I save photos in. What does work for a little while is Youtube on TV. After a short time that freezes too and only comes back after MM is restarted.   

0 Likes
lordofring
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wat is the version of MM  and wat is your OS.

MM does not support 64 bit

0 Likes
aphmd1

I have Windows 8 and have tried compatability modes for Windows 7, Vista, and XP, and Media Manager always "stops working". The solution that Wndows recommends is to try another compatability mode, but none of them work. Verizon appears to be doing nothing to solve this problem.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have Windows 8 and MM crashes after trying to add in my music library to MM. I am unable to add more than maybe one or two folders at a shot, and I'll be here all night trying to add in every folder since there's at least 27 of one artist, 15 of another, 20 of another.... you get the idea.

When I was running Windows 7, I was fine, minus the "Switch To..." Button. Also, just before switching to Windows 8, I was unable to connect to my bedroom TV but the living room TV was fine. I don't know what changed, but this is beyond annoying. I have a product that I'm unable to use.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you adding files or folders

are they files GINORMOUS or moderate

and have you hit help and then update to make sure there is not an update waiting for you?

0 Likes