Media Manager not able to stream videos: Format Error
farinc55

Media Manager worked perfectly with my prior PC and Tv.    However, I just upgraded my PC, it has the same windows 7 o/s, my TVs and stbs are the same, video files the same, yet every time i try to watch a video on my tv using media manager it gives me the following error message when it tries to play the video.  

"Format Error"  Media manager application is not able to play this video.  The video format is not supported.  Please try playing another video.

All other functions of the media manager work on my TV: internet radio, photos, youtube, etc.  

On my tv, I can see the video file but when I tell the tv to play it, the screen pops up as thought the video is going to play, about 5 seconds count off and then the error message above.  Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated.   I've spent a total of 2 days and about 4 hours with Verizon tech support and they have no idea what the problem is.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager not able to stream videos: Format Error
Rpjk8

I am having the same problem, except I am using two different computers.  Through one computer running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium, I can play the video from the STB just fine.  Through another computer running Windows 7 64bit Professional, I get the format error. Playing the sample video and YouTube videos have the same problem.  Any ideas on how to fix the problem?  

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

There is a sample video in media manager menu. Can you watch that on PC and TV?

EDIT: My question was for OP

0 Likes
ronjohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

ME 2

0 Likes
Rpjk8

Hi Verizon,

Any update on this?  I would be really nice if we could get this working.

0 Likes
VzGnome

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Media Manager, but support for the Media Manager is limited. Also firewall could be causing a problem you may want to disable and try. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hit help and check for updates

If you are updated, then hit help and then register video components.    and then restart it and try again. 

0 Likes