Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Media Manager not playing music

namato1
Contributor
Contributor

Media Manager not playing music

Message 1 of 5
(5,005 Views)
I recently installed Media Manager on my desktop and tried to play the music via my DVR. I get the same error message on every song I try, "The file has been deleted, moved or is corrupt". I have read past posts but nothing on there seems to work. I called Verizon and spoke to a tech, he tried to help but was unable to. I am still waiting for the call back he promised me. It's benn two days now. Anyway, anyone have any ideas? I have tried to play MP3 and WMA files, niether work. Also, I have media manager loaded on my desktop which is hard wired to the router and on a laptop that uses wireless. The DVR will not reconigize the wireless laptop. Any ideas on that one? Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
mcorbo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Media Manager not playing music

Message 2 of 5
(4,949 Views)

I wish someone could help on this issue,  I searched the forum, tried what was out there, but still can not access any music.  Pictures work just fine.

Anyone have a simple procedure to get this working?

ZZR1200
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(4,934 Views)

Hi,

I haven't seen this issue so I don't know for sure but one question that comes to mind:

Is the PC where Media Manager is installed turned on when you are trying to play music from the DVR?

Paul

mcorbo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(4,929 Views)

Yes, media manager is functioning, I can see all the playlists and songs, and viewing pictures works fine. 

I was mentioned here previously, that there is a process in the background of media manager that converts the MP3 to a wav, for some reason on my pc that is not working.  I followed a previous thread about codecs etc , but am still having the problem.

mcorbo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(4,801 Views)

After talking to a freat tech at the media manager beta support group,my problem is finally solved

It seems i did not have this file

C:\Windows\system32\l3codecx.ax

After i copied it from another pc and registered it....

regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\l3codecx.ax

Media Manager now plays mp3 files with no problems. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.