Media Manager refusing to display JPG images
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

I recently scanned about 1400 slides, they are all saved in .jpg format at about 1200 x 1800 resolution.

Media Manager says EVER ONE of them is corrupted. Now I might believe one or two are, but every one of them?

Just for good measure, Internet Explorer, Adobe Photoshop Alblum Starter Edition, my photo editor, and everything EXCEPT media manager is quite happy to display these images.

Media Manager is quite happy to display all of the images from digital sources (i.e. digital camera etc),

but it won't touch these with the proverbial barge pole.

The images are from 35mm slides, scanned with a Nikon LS-2000 scanner using Nikon Scan, saved as JPEGs. I then edit them with a photo editor to clean them up, and resize them to my standard 1800 x 1200, and then re-save them as high quality .jpg  Each is about 600kb.

They can be displayed, email', sent on CD's even printed out on color printer. Nobody has any trouble viewing them,  however Media Manager insists that everyone of them is corrupted and refuses to display them on my computer, let alone my TV. It does know they are jpg's, it knows the resolution, and it knows the size of each.

I obviously don't believe they are ALL corrupted, so what's the problem?

0 Likes