Missing movie channels and some hd channels
datart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the not subscribed but if you are call and enter 7702..That does nothing...

I talked to a tech support person who reset the box and said there is a short in the coaxial cable between the wall and the box and for me to switch out..I said that cable is not is not short and goes thru the floor into the basement and the ont failed months ago and the tech replaced a cable splitter that was bad.. There was long pause, he did not say anything, so I said so now what...he said do you want a tech to come and if you do I will have to contact customer service... I said yes, go ahead, then i get a voice prompter that said it couldn't find my account then it did and told me to hold while reviewing then it hung up on me.   i hate this and i feel the live tech sent me to a dead end to be rid off me

i am  paying for the movie channels, and now for a week i don't have them...encore - all gone, retro, ifc, some hbo/cinemax, hd channels are missing too...showtime is there, and hd ....if i don't get them, i don't want to pay for them...  i have had cable tv for a zillion years and have never had a coaxial cable short out or anything...splitters yes but the coaxial cable...and since everything else seems to be there with no degraded image quality seems suspect to me...and the tech passing off to a recording, irks me...can't he schedule a tech.   

the forum seems the best and quickest way to issues resolved .  if i don't get the issue resolved this week, i will call customer service and cancel the movie services that i can't see

and of course, i get this email which is a joke because you can't conact the sender or any live person directly

Dear FiOS customer,

You recently contacted the Verizon Fiber Solution Center regarding your video service over FiOS. My objective was to provide you with outstanding service.

FiOS In Home Agent provides Fast, Easy solutions for the most common Fios questions and service issues. It is always Available - at the click of your mouse. >Learn more

Automated E-mail Setup - Outlook, Outlook Express, Sub-accounts, Passwords and More

Test and Fix your Fios TV or Internet Connection

Configure a new PC for your Fios Internet - Wired or Wireless

As promised, I am providing links to the Verizon Web site that will assist you with managing your video service in the future.

I Need Help with: (click link and select email type) My Remote Control: >Learn more My Multi-Room DVR: >Learn more My Set Top Box is frozen or not responding: >Learn more Recording programs on my DVR: >Learn more My parental controls, favorites and display settings: >Learn more Picture quality issues (snowy picture or blue screen): >Learn more Using my Verizon Set Top Box: >Learn more Wiring my video equipment: >Learn more My channel lineup guide: >Learn more Check Status on existing trouble report or service order: >Learn more Report a Problem with your FiOS Service: >Learn more Additional FiOS resources: Visit the Verizon customer support site at: http://fioshelp.verizon.com Interact with other FiOS customers at Verizon Forums:>Learn more Submit your FiOS TV questions to Verizon Online?s virtual Service Representative and select next to ?Ask Verizon? :>Learn more How to recover FiOS TV service after a power outage? : >Learn more Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer and it is our goal that you recommend us to your family, friends and colleagues! Sincerely, FiOS Solution Center Tea

0 Likes
Re: Missing movie channels and some hd channels
prisaz
Legend

It sounds like the tech was unable to communicate with the STB. It could be an issue with your router.

1. Did the tech have you reset the router to default by pressing the reset button in with a paper clip?

2. Do you have Internet service, and if so, is it working properly?

3. If you have other set top boxes, can tech support communicate with those? If so it could be a bad set top box.

4. I know it is a pain but I would contact customer service and insist they try again after you reset your router if you have only the one STB or they can not communicate with any STB. Troubleshooting this should not be an issue. Yes I would be upset.

5. If it does not get resolved on the next call, insist they send you new hardware. Router perhaps.

I did pass this on to some of the Verizon techs and they should be able to help you, and perhaps without a tech coming out.

0 Likes
datart
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for responding

It sounds like the tech was unable to communicate with the STB. It could be an issue with your router.

1. Did the tech have you reset the router to default by pressing the reset button in with a paper clip?

no, he said the coaxial cable had a short...funny huh, still getting all the other channels and no degrad

ation of video/audio..

2. Do you have Internet service, and if so, is it working properly?

yes, the problem appeared after requesting to have my speed increased to 25/15 from 20/5 by remaining a customer for another year...this may be a piece of the puzzle

3. If you have other set top boxes, can tech support communicate with those? If so it could be a bad set top box.

yes and he didn't test the others...they aren't hd, the one in question is a hd/dvr

4. I know it is a pain but I would contact customer service and insist they try again after you reset your router if you have only the one STB or they can not communicate with any STB. Troubleshooting this should not be an issue. Yes I would be upset.

we had problems a few months ago and the ont was replaced, it died...phone service worked but nothing else

we also had an issue with the phone service recently and there was static on the line, but verizon finally fixed a line on the street that was dragging on the ground in my neighbors yard and it was fixed about the same time as my issues happened

the static gone ...just listing anything as a culprit

5. If it does not get resolved on the next call, insist they send you new hardware. Router perhaps.

since it is the fios tv not the internet why do think the router is the issue...if you have a good reason, i will try your recommendations.

I did pass this on to some of the Verizon techs and they should be able to help you, and perhaps without a tech coming out.

that is all i want and to fix the problem...but now it is going on 2 weeks and i will ask for something in return due to horrible customer service rep i had the other night...thought i was talking to comcast.  

however, i thought i would have gotten a response from the verizon reps by now...that is ok, i know how to contact the Verizon President if i don't hear something soon and they will take of things. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I hope someone contacted you about your issue and has resolved it. I did post it in a private forum the Employees read on a regular basis.

The answer to the question below is the following. If the tech support person can not communicate with your set top boxes even after the router is reset, it could be a bad router or something out of whack. I had one of the first revisions of the Actiontec, and had that problem where they could not contact the DVR. We replace the router, and then they contacted the DVR without a problem. All while the Internet worked fine. It was strange and I was told no one had seen a router cause that issue. So it is just a thought. Perhaps they will work out your trouble. If you contact them again, you should insist that the trouble ticket not be closed out until the problem is corrected.

If you go to the Contact Us page, and you are able to do an online chat with tech support, it may be faster. To fix my  issue I mentioned above, I contacted them through the online chat, and the tech ended up calling me. After going back and forth resetting the router, without him being able to contact the DVR, I was sent a new router.

Since it is the fios tv not the internet why do think the router is the issue...if you have a good reason, i will try your recommendations.

0 Likes
datart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I tried reseting the router but it didn't fix the issues.  I have used the forum in the past and got quick responses - however, that is not the case here (you were the exception and I appreciate your help).  I am mildly upset with the customer service this go around. 

When the ont went out, the tech on the phone was helpful, did not pass me off and he set the tech to come to my house.  It is going on two weeks with this issue and I just don't have the patience to use phone support and get ticked off again. I will give the forum another day before going the executive route but the exec's need to need to know about poor customer service.   

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Can you please confirm if your pakages are now showing? I tried to reach you today and left a message. ThanksSmiley Happy

0 Likes