Missing single channel MAVTVHD on 2 TiVos
mere423
On 19 July I discovered that I do not receive, or only intermittently receive MAVTVHD, channel 810 in my area., on 2 TiVos ( premier and Roamio) with cable cards. I have had other channel issues due to Verizon authorization problems that have been resolved in their office, I do subscribe to a package that includes MAVTVHD. SometImes the channel is pixelated on one or both TiVos, whether they are side by side via a splitter, or in separate rooms on "separate" cables. Verizon has tried some things they can try from the office, and sent a tech who 1) replaced a 3 ft coax from the wall to the TiVo with a Verizon approved cable, and said he replaced a splitter outside with a verizon splitter. The channels were out when he arrived and working when he left, but were shortly out again, then intermittent, and I have had no reception of that channel for the last 10days as best I can tell. TiVos message is "searching for a signal on this channel". All other channels are fine AFAIK.
VERIZON tech suggests the problem may be the coax in my house (comcast and D in the past and MANY cables all over). If that is the case, I will be charged for the time, as I do not have the protection plan. However, I have already been charged for a fix that did not fix the problem, so I am reluctant to throw more money at it. I am not so savvy about this, but is there any way to tell if the problem is before or in or after the ONT? Is there a likely cause to be missing a single channel? Does the fact that it is MAVTVHD have any significance?
0 Likes