Re: Mix quantum and FiOS tv one
ENFiOS1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your thoughts. I’ve spoken to others about HDMI evolving technology in the copyright environment. This is the same technology that prevented people from showing HBO Go on an iPad to a TV using an adapter cable.  There are some adapters Slingbox suggests that will do the job. There are actually converter boxes that require power but Copyright technology is just a step behind them.  From what I’ve been told you could buy it and I could work today but the next update to firmware somewhere along the line could make it useless.  There are also issues with power outages and the order in which different pieces of electronics reboot. It may require a reboot at any time.  Truth be told, it’s not only the TV that’s the issue here, it’s a Slingbox that is fed directly from the STB, then to the TV....all component.  I use the Slingbox in many remote locations and I don’t have the luxury of being able to reboot equipment at will from afar.    Currently, everything works flawlessly with the Quantum equipment so I’ll just continue with that setup.  The perfect solution would be for Verizon make the Quantum IP Clients compatible with the TV One server.

0 Likes