Mobile DVR control is a complete lie!!! Join the fight!!!!
grayhares01
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I attempted to set my EnV touch up to be able to program my DVR, just like the commercials, the website and their salepeople said I could.

After about 20 minutes of failure, I called FiOS for help. But they couldn't help. You wanna know why?

Because there are ONLY 4 PHONES THAT MOBILE DVR WORKS ON, AND VERIZON WIRELESS DOESN'T SELL THEM ANY MORE.

That's right. When I called I was informed that Mobile DVR would only work on a Voyager, EnV2, Chocolate or Storm. The immensely large VZW store near my house informed me that none of those phones are available any more. They have been replaced by the EnV Touch, EnV3, Chocolate 2 and Storm 2, respectively.

You know what the genius who took my call told me to do? By a used Voyager to replace my Env Touch. That's right. FiOS wants me to step back in time to an inferior phone so that I can use the Mobile DVR control.

I am starting a group  dedicated to pressuring Verizon into providing the service they said they do. Join me. A class action lawsuit is not out of the question....

0 Likes
Re: Mobile DVR control is a complete lie!!! Join the fight!!!!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but it says:

Starting this week, FiOS TV customers who also have a Motorola Droid or HTC Imagiohandset can use these devices to control their HD set-top-box.

0 Likes
grayhares01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Better. But still, two whole phones? Hardly up to claims on the FiOS commercials of "Program your DVR from your phone."

Really? My phone? Sorry but my phone is not included. And neither are more than 90% of Verizon customers...

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Per Verizon's official site..

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/MobileAccess.aspx

it will work on the following phones if you download the app.

Supported Phones: LG EnV2 (vx9100), LG Chocolate 2 (vx8550), & LG Voyager (vx10000)

Blackberry
Supported Phones: 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8330m, 8350i, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9500, 9520, 9530, 9550, and 9630

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

And now even more info.

QUOTE:

Mobile Web
Now you can manage your DVR recordings using any wireless phone that has Internet access.

Simply access the link  http://m.verizon.com/tv  from your wireless phone to register and begin scheduling your recordings.

You can access the mobile web application using the same login credentials that you use on the PC Web site.

0 Likes
hokie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll  also add that it appears Verizon is really trying to expand mobile app access.  When I first signed on for FiOS in December, mobile app access was supposedly restricted to Verizon-only phones, and I was unable to download the app for my non-Verizon phone.

Now BlackBerry App World has Remote DVR available for all users, and I've been happily using it for the past three weeks!

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using a Motorola DROID and works great.  Wish I could control both of my STBs, but for now only 1 per phone.

0 Likes
waltja

Any tips on getting it working on the Droid?

I posted another thread (since this one seemed a little wacky) because I could not make it work at all:  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/FIOS-Mobile-Remote/td-p/163054

0 Likes