Re: Mobile remote iphone/iPad app
Jverna
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 2/3/13 NONE of the Verizon Fios apps are available in the itunes store. The app that I have installed on my ipads that worked until recently no longer work.  The screens are perpetually stuck on loading my dvr recordings.  Verizon techs said that apple developed and manages the apps. Verizon just recently made a big show of advertising how we can now watch some TV channels on ipads when at home.  Well, I can not.  I can also no longer remotely manage my dvr.  I know that Verizon closed its app store in January of 2013 but it seems this would not have affected the apps in the itunes store.  I am rather annoyed.  Not only does Verizon offer fewer HD channels but now I can not even access things like home monitoring system because that app is also gone from the apple store.  Even if apple does manage the app you would think that someone in Verizon would follow up to make sure things work, especially since Verizon's own site directs you to the app store in order to get their apps.  I may have to return to the competition.  The techs were also rather abrupt, frequently interrupted me which resulted in answering a question I did not ask.  I had to actually say more than once "let me finish my statement".  A colleague with whom the tech was consulting told her to direct me to the app store for the remote dvr app though I had told her that it too was gone from the app store.  The techs should know more about their company.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Bizzyb wrote:

I'm trying to connect my iPhone and iPad to my DVR using the fios app. I can set the DVR to record just fine but when i am trying to set up the mobile remote it is not working. I get to the widget on the DVR and go to fios mobile remote. I click on register a mobile remote. From here it just gives me a pin but does not ask me what type of device I have or anything.  When I open the app on my phone it doesn't ask for the pin at all  It just says it fails to connect. The message on the tv says 'only mobilat devices that are part of this household can access this account. I can't figure out why this isn't working. 

pretty sure that means you cant be on 3g and need to be connected to the ACTIONTEC wifi.  that should only apply to the liv streaming tv part of the app, or the mobile remote.

on your tv remote press 

menu

customer support

my wireless network, and use those settings to connect.

for the fios DVR scheduler, you have to use the user id and pw that you got after your fios install. its the same as your verizon email and you can do that feature anywhere.

0 Likes
kgh3

I had been using the FIOS Mobile App on the iPad with no issues. Last week I upgraded my DVR to a new one, and the Mobile App started giving the same error msg "Only mobile this devices that are part of this household can access this account". I tried various things without success. But then following a suggestion on this forum deleted the app and reinstalled it on the iPad. That fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes