Switch Account

More quantum upgrade Qs

More quantum upgrade Qs

SOLVED
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(4,394 Views)

I currently have two TVs with DVRs and a TV with a cable card.   I'd like to be able to record more concurrent shows on one of the TVs and get more storage.    If I get Quantum, what do I need to do on my end?

Do I have to turn in my two DVRs and get different ones?   Do I swap out one?  None?

How many shows will I be able to record concurrently based on my current configuration?   Will each box be able to record that number concurrently?   Or just one of the boxes?

And do I understand it correctly that I have to pay Verizon for the service along with an additional fee for the privledge of paying for the serivce?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(4,375 Views)

If you get the 6 tuner pacakage, you would have 1 VMS and 1 IPC.

So you can record/watch a combination of up to 6 programs at a time.

You would turn in your 2 DVRs.

Keep in mind you can't move recorded content from old to new.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(4,373 Views)

Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.