Motorola 7216 DVR Remote "OK" Button Only Works Randomly To Play Recorded Shows
Garystar1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon FIOS Triple Play package running a single Motorola 7216 DVR, with a P265v1 remote control. Here's the problem. When I want to replay something recorded on the DVR, I'll use the "OK" button to make my selection on the various menus. However, at some random point in time, I will no longer be able to use the "OK" button to actually start the program playing. In other words, I'll start from a normal TV show, press the "DVR" button (which brings up the list of recorded shows), use the "OK" button to select the show I want to watch, but when I actually want the show to play, pressing the "OK" button will only work a few times. After that, the only way it will work is if I completely unplug the DVR and plug it back in. THAT, in turn, requires 5 - 7 minutes of whatever the DVR is doing to reset itself.

This is annoying beyond words. How do I fix this so that I can start playing my recordings again without having to constantly reset the DVR?

This problem only began a few weeks ago. The amount of time that the button works to play recordings is getting shorter.

P.S. All firmware information (release, build number, version, etc) is available upon request.

Re: Motorola 7216 DVR Remote "OK" Button Only Works Randomly To Play Recorded Shows
PVilleUser123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution to your probem?  I'm having this exact same issue with a brand new Fios box (upgraded my old box for a new one).  I can use the Guide and Menu options just fine except for DVR menu items.  I used to be able to select a recorded show and hit 'Ok' to get a popup menu with Play, Delete, and other options but that no longer works.  I have to hit the Play arrow to play the show, or 'C' to delete.  There's even instructions that say to hit 'OK' for Details, but nothing happens.   Also, at the end of a show I no longer get the Keep or Delete options, it simply switches to live TV.

Re: Motorola 7216 DVR Remote "OK" Button Only Works Randomly To Play Recorded Shows
Garystar1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I never got a resolution. We swapped DVRs not once but TWICE, and the problem would go away for a short time, then randomly appear with each, new box. The only way to make a movie play was to actually hit the "Play" button (as opposed to the "OK" button, just as you pointed out). It's been quite frustrating. We even asked Verizon if there was a different DVR we could get, but we were told "No" despite the fact that Verizon definitely has newer DVRs available. Apparently, we're just not worth the effort.

And, yes, we have the same problem at the end of each show. We have to hit the "DVR" button once it switches back to live TV, then select the show, and then say "Delete". Yes, this is one of those First World problems, but it's annoying because this was not a problem until recently. Verizon made *some* change to the firmware of the box, and they're either unwilling to acknowledge that there's a problem, or unwilling to fix it.

cytoxan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any updates to this issue? I just started having the same problem with my DVR.

It also affects On Demand prpgrams. I can no longer play On Demand programs by selecting OK (nothing happens). If I select "Options" I can play a program in its default mode. For example, on Showtime I can play the SD version of a program, but I cannot select the HD version, as I could before. This is frustrating. Can anyone suggest a cause or solution? My STB is fairly new, sent to us about 3 months ago and was working fine until 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes
Garystar1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, unfortunately, no updates. Sorry to hear your of your issues. As you can see, you're not alone. Belly up to the bar until (if?) Verizon realizes there's actually a problem (unlikely) and creates a fix for it (even less unlikely, but may randomly happen).

0 Likes
Kwojnl
Same. Posting to add myself to the list. Annoying as hell.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you use play button instead?

Works on vms.

0 Likes