Motorola 7216 - Sound turns off when fast forwarding or rewinding
paulv0627b
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently upgraded my DVR to the Motorola 7216 primarily for the larger DVR capacity. The problem I have is that with this STB if I fast forward or rewind a recording the sound cuts out. If I go to live TV the sound is still out. The only work-arounds I've discovered so far is to stop the recording or power-off/power-on. Not crisis stuff here but if I'm paying $17.00/month for this service I think it should work flawlessly.

My setup and settings are exacty the same (HDMI out to A/V receiver). All I did when upgrading is unplug the old unit and plug-in the new unit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola 7216 - Sound turns off when fast forwarding or rewinding
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the A/V Receiver receives the audio from the HDMI connection and decodes the audio for something like a surround sound setup, see if the problem is persistent when the TV and the Receiver are connected directly via HDMI.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the A/V Receiver receives the audio from the HDMI connection and decodes the audio for something like a surround sound setup, see if the problem is persistent when the TV and the Receiver are connected directly via HDMI.

paulv0627b
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hooked up the STB directly to the TV via HDMI. Problem went away. I'm using the cable that came with the STB. Before I tried other things I put the cable back into the A/V receiver and made sure that all the settings were as before. Weird but the problem has not returned. Between pulling and reseating the cable and a little experimentation with settings I must have done something but all the settings are as they we were.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes