Motorola DVR 7232 P2 shows as 7216
JNYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently installed FIOS and received the Motorola DVR 7232 P2 and the sytem information under settings shows it as Platform ID QIP 7232 - P2 release 1.9.1 and build 14.47  But when I press INFO for more details the system diagnosis shows it as STB model 7216.  Is this normal?

Also, its been working perfectly for two weeks but today it turned off for a brief perid, showed 8888 and had a blinking light.  Came back on but I could not access menu or other functions.  Then it appeared to re-boot and all was well.  Is this normal?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola DVR 7232 P2 shows as 7216
tns
Master - Level 2

@JNYC wrote:

I recently installed FIOS and received the Motorola DVR 7232 P2 and the sytem information under settings shows it as Platform ID QIP 7232 - P2 release 1.9.1 and build 14.47  But when I press INFO for more details the system diagnosis shows it as STB model 7216.  Is this normal?

Also, its been working perfectly for two weeks but today it turned off for a brief perid, showed 8888 and had a blinking light.  Came back on but I could not access menu or other functions.  Then it appeared to re-boot and all was well.  Is this normal?

Haven't checked recently to see if the info changed, but I see it has.  Obviously nothing to worry about used to say 7200 on one of these screens.

Note in some areas such as vho 5 (NYC and many surronding areas), they sent a platform update out overnight.  It was to fix a slow response that many wered seeing on 7232's..  So seeing a reboot would be normal overnight.  There are some other conditions that are known to cause a reboot that aren't normal, but are acceptable.  Seeing them a lot when maintenance is not being done is abnormal.

View solution in original post

tns
Master - Level 2

@JNYC wrote:

Haven't checked recently to see if the info changed, but I see it has.  Obviously nothing to worry about used to say 7200 on one of these screens.

Note in some areas such as vho 5 (NYC and many surronding areas), they sent a platform update out overnight.  It was to fix a slow response that many wered seeing on 7232's..  So seeing a reboot would be normal overnight.  There are some other conditions that are known to cause a reboot that aren't normal, but are acceptable.  Seeing them a lot when maintenance is not being done is abnormal.

JNYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the explanation.  Glad to hear this is normal.  FIOs is working well and a nice improvement over TWC.

0 Likes