Motorola QIP 7100 keeps shutting off and then looking for signal
teegrooving1

I just purchased a Panasonic TC 32lx44 and ordered a Motorola QIP 7100 to enjoy HD. The set box loses the signal and then recycles to look for the signal. This happens even with the TV off. Once it recycles to the system it will show that number and never just the time on the box. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola QIP 7100 keeps shutting off and then looking for signal
teegrooving1

I should have included that the problems happens even if I use component cables.

0 Likes
groucho2

Glad I saw this topic on here.  I'm having a similar issue. 

We just bought a LG 42LV5500 and upgraded out STB to a Hi Def model (QIP71001 ).

Periodically:

- the signal drops out for a minute or two

- it comes back for a few seconds

- the STB reboots

- Finally, I get the old "Press Menu to watch FIOS VT; otherwise, turn your TV off"

- I press Menu, the "Verizon FIOS TV Starting Up" banner appears, then I'm right back where I started

This occurred a LOT on 1/27/12, the day I installed the new STB. 

To my knowledge, it only occurred once on Saturday 1/28

In fact, as I was wrapping up this post, it just happened.  It's 8:15 AM on Sunday 1/29

Whether related or not,, when I start my fioshel.verizon.net page, it thinks both the old STB (sitting in the box ready to ship back) and the new one are disconnected.

Any thoughts, oh wise Verizon Techs?

0 Likes
teegrooving1

The problem is still occurring and seems to be getting worse. When I reseat the cable coming into the box and power up the TV and STB; I get the system to work for sometimes a few hours and at other times, only a few minutes. I am not at home during the day but it seems to get worse at night.  Any thoughts from more experienced users?

0 Likes
teegrooving1

I apologize for clicking on the accepted solution as I only wanted to update what I found that appears to have worked . I purchased a shorter cable to connect from my wall outlet to the QIP 7100 and it appears to have have solved my  problem for the last 6 hours. Somehow the cables that were sent with my STB were bending and must have not had a solid connection. Will  update is this is long lasting.

0 Likes