Motorola QIP-7232 no sound
JP1971

We were watching tv the other night when all of a sudden, no sound.

Of course I hit up Google to see what was up. I found all the threads about getting into the 'secret white menu' and changing the HDMI audio output to L-PCM or Pass Through, neither one worked. I tried different HDMI cables...I tried the AV cables...checked volumes and mutes...I don't get it. 

Now I've been on ignore with Verizon now for 34 minutes just so I can tell them to send me another box...ridiculous.

Does anyone have an updated fix for this no sound issue?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola QIP-7232 no sound
JP1971

I literally had an entire chat session while on hold with Verizon, unbelievable...was on hold at least an hour and a half.

They are shipping me a new box, hopefully the sound works when I get it hooked up.

0 Likes
JP1971

I received the new box today, and it has the same result as the old box...no sound.

This would lead me to believe that the issue is with my tv...Vizio XVT553SV. 

I also have a Vizio SmartCast™ 38" 5.1-Channel Soundbar, so I ran the HDMI out of the box and into the sound bar, then out of the bar to the tv...changed the input on the bar, and instant sound, perfectly with no issues.

0 Likes
JP1971

One thing I forgot about...I need sound for my DVD player and the PS4. Looks like I will need to get a HDMI hub/splitter/adapter etc to hook those 2 to the sound bar. 

Cheaper than buying a new tv I guess.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to see if your TV has sound out.

If so, run that to another input on sound bar (if it has one).

that's what I did with my Samsung sound bar.

0 Likes