Motorola QIP 7232 not remembering my TV type
sbdray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to the Motorola QIP 7232 STB, and it's been working great for the most part.  There's one annoyance that I'm facing with it though.  Every time I turn the STB on, I am presented with a screen to select standard definition or high definition for the type of TV i have.  It doesn't remember my previous selection.  I've played with various settings in Menu > Settings > Video Settings, but that selection screen keeps showing up.  A friend of mine with the same STB doesn't have this problem.  Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola QIP 7232 not remembering my TV type
sbdray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out last night.  The problem only occurs if I turn the STB on before the TV.  I had programmed my remote control's STB power button to turn on both the STB and TV.  I guess the TV (a Panasonic plasma HDTV) takes too long to turn on, so the STB doesn't detect it at first and shows me the SD/HD selection screen. 

I verified this by manually turning on only the STB first and then the TV.  This resulted in the SD/HD selection screen being shown.  Then I manually turned on the TV first and then the STB.  There was no SD/HD selection screen afterwards.

So I see my options as:

1) Unprogram the remote's STB power button and always use the TV and STB power buttons separately.

2) Just live with always having to select HD from the SD/HD selection screen.

Not ideal, but I guess I can live with it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that you are having this trouble. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
sbdray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out last night.  The problem only occurs if I turn the STB on before the TV.  I had programmed my remote control's STB power button to turn on both the STB and TV.  I guess the TV (a Panasonic plasma HDTV) takes too long to turn on, so the STB doesn't detect it at first and shows me the SD/HD selection screen. 

I verified this by manually turning on only the STB first and then the TV.  This resulted in the SD/HD selection screen being shown.  Then I manually turned on the TV first and then the STB.  There was no SD/HD selection screen afterwards.

So I see my options as:

1) Unprogram the remote's STB power button and always use the TV and STB power buttons separately.

2) Just live with always having to select HD from the SD/HD selection screen.

Not ideal, but I guess I can live with it.

0 Likes