Motorola STB QIP7232 (useless again)
Gregorov

In my second room i have a Motorola STB QIP7232 and i kid not it had been changed out 7 times! somewhere in that rotation i even got the older Motorola grey stb (dont recall that model) but they all last a few months then one day they get stuck on that verizon setup screen then i call and they reset everything then tell me it's nothing further they can do and they send a replacement box.

The box i got 2 months ago was a QIP7232 and i ran into the same problem again, i chatted with someone yesterday and they said that there is some sort of known issue with the software and they will issue fix sometime in the near future so i should keep the newer QIP7232 while waiting for the fix. Have any of you ran into this issue? also have any of you heard about some new software that is suppose to be coming down the pipe for fix issues with the software that runs on these STB's?

0 Likes
Re: Motorola STB QIP7232 (useless again)
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Wow! I am sorry that you had to endure all of that. There is not a known issue regarding this. If your Out Of Band (OOB) signal is subpar or not present, if the box reboots it will get stuck on this screen. This is not a box issue, its an issue with your signal going to the box. If not already done, unscrew both end of coax from wall to the 7232. Make sure the pins on the cord are good and straight. Screw both back on. If it still persist, swap it out for a different cord. If you are still having troubles, it could be an issue with the outlet, line in the wall, or the splitter that feeds this outlet. You would have to send me a private message at that point so we can get more information so we could set this up to get corrected.

0 Likes
Re: Motorola STB QIP7232 (useless again)
Gregorov

ok will do

0 Likes
Re: Motorola STB QIP7232
andy1130

I am having a problem with the HDMI out on my QIP 7232.  It failed a couple of days ago.  However, the content is still on the DVR and the other DVR's hooked up to it still work.  Verizon is sending me a replacement in the mail.  However, I have content on it that I do not want to lose.  I decided to try using the component out cables and these work fine.  Is there anything I can do to get the HDMI out to work again without swapping the box?

0 Likes
savant1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@andy1130 wrote:

I am having a problem with the HDMI out on my QIP 7232.  It failed a couple of days ago.  However, the content is still on the DVR and the other DVR's hooked up to it still work.  Verizon is sending me a replacement in the mail.  However, I have content on it that I do not want to lose.  I decided to try using the component out cables and these work fine.  Is there anything I can do to get the HDMI out to work again without swapping the box?

The new 1.9.1 version DVR menu has an Export Series to Cloud feature that I believe allows you to export from an old DVR to Verizon's servers, and then import them back to a new DVR. Haven't tried it myself..let us know if it works.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@savant wrote:

@andy1130 wrote:

The new 1.9.1 version DVR menu has an Export Series to Cloud feature that I believe allows you to export from an old DVR to Verizon's servers, and then import them back to a new DVR. Haven't tried it myself..let us know if it works.

I have not seen any Verizon documentation on this feature, but I have run it, and with a 500 GB DVR 50% full it took about 1/2 second before it completed successfully. So I am sure it is not exporting any actual recordings, rather it is exporting whatever series scheduled recordings you have set up.

Keller, TX 76248

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Justin you are correct. The export to cloud does not send any recordings, just the Series Manager list. Once the new DVR is installed, you can then import the Series Manager list. This will make it easier so the recordings don't have to be all setup again.

0 Likes
savant1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys are right. I just tried it and it took a second. I guess saving your series list is better than nothing (it saves you from spending a few minutes re-creating them manually), but I am underwhelmed by this feature. Being able to save your recordings in the "cloud" was too good to be true, and the bandwidth required is a potential network QOS issue, even on FTTP. 

0 Likes
rob_t

Well, my first 7232 died two days ago, after about 6 months of use.  Got the replacement today, and I am very frustrated to say the least.  Not only did I lose all of the recordings from my old DVR (which I expected), but I had to reformat the external eSATA drive to use it with the new box, so lost all of the recordings from it as well!  While I was on the phone with tech support to see if I could somehow save the recordings on the external drive (they said it's not possible, btw), I was going to start recreating the series recordings through "Series Manager" when he put me on hold to check.  When I went to set up the first one, a message popped up about importing the scheduled series from an old STB and I thought "hallelujah, something helpful!!!", but right at that time the service tech came back on the line, I got distracted, and the message timed out and I have not been able to get back to it!!!  The tech didn't know anything about it either.  I called back and spoke to another tech and they couldn't help either.  This is my one last grasp... can anybody out there help?  I would really love to not have to do this again, because it takes forever!

0 Likes
Kelso998

Rob to make sure this doesn't happen again, you should save all the stuff from your DVR to a DVD recorder. 

I just posted a thread how to do it.

0 Likes