Move tv outside to watch, set up wirelessly
Gracenstac1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told upon installation that if we wanted to bring out tv outside, that it was no problem, it didn't have to be plugged into the settop box and we can watch wirelessly. I managed to find directions once (and it wasn't even a verizon site, it was some midwest cable company) but now I can't find those directions or any on the verizon site. Each time I try a chat, they just send me a link to watch on my phone/laptop. Can someone PLEASE give me the link or send directions on how to set up the tv over wifi so we can occasionally bring the tv out to the porch to watch tv?  THANK YOU!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Move tv outside to watch, set up wirelessly
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the latest fios ONE set-top-boxes, the mini boxes can work over WiFi.  Just unplug them and turn them back on without Ethernet or coax connected.

This only works on the minis, the main box must be connected to coax.  And of course, you need to have good WiFi at the desired location.

Or, you can use an app as others have suggested.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Gracenstac wrote:

I was told upon installation that if we wanted to bring out tv outside, that it was no problem, it didn't have to be plugged into the settop box and we can watch wirelessly. I managed to find directions once (and it wasn't even a verizon site, it was some midwest cable company) but now I can't find those directions or any on the verizon site. Each time I try a chat, they just send me a link to watch on my phone/laptop. Can someone PLEASE give me the link or send directions on how to set up the tv over wifi so we can occasionally bring the tv out to the porch to watch tv?  THANK YOU!!

If your TV has WiFi capabilities and is Android based you should be able to load the Fios app on it and watch that way. If you have an IPC mini box, you can just use it outside as long as WiFi is strong in that location and watch from that. Also there is now an Amazon Firestick App, and you could use that with a Firestick. You could also use an Android or Apple device to cast the programming to the TV via WiFi.

Gracenstac1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for those tips, I’ll try that but I did set it up once before without having to do any of that I just can’t remember how or find that link again!!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Gracenstac wrote:

Thanks so much for those tips, I’ll try that but I did set it up once before without having to do any of that I just can’t remember how or find that link again!!

They probably told you to use a web browser on the TV to go here: https://tv.verizon.com/watch/.

Only problem is right now the site is having issues!

Gracenstac1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I'll see what that has to say when its back up.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the latest fios ONE set-top-boxes, the mini boxes can work over WiFi.  Just unplug them and turn them back on without Ethernet or coax connected.

This only works on the minis, the main box must be connected to coax.  And of course, you need to have good WiFi at the desired location.

Or, you can use an app as others have suggested.

Gracenstac1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!! This makes sense!