Moved STB to another room & It's not working
Al124

I moved one of the stbs in my home to another room i hooked it up and made sure that the coax cable was connected to the correct splitter it's the top right coax cable...i tryed resetting my stb and all i keep getting is the starting up one moment please which does not go away image

0 Likes
Re: Moved STB to another room & It's not working
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd suggest a few trouble shooting steps:

1)  Try swapping the coax in the top right connector with the one in the top left corner, to see if the problem may be with that one output from the splitter.    If that makes no difference....

2)  Remove the 4 way splitter from the circuit and connect the connector going to the splitter input directly to the connector leading to the new STB location using an F series "barrel" adapter.   You may be able to find one elsewhere but here are two sources:

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Wire-Cable/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xjzZbm7v/R-100173309/h_d2/ProductDispla...

http://www.summitsource.com/barrel-f-type-connector-female-to-female-gold-plated-f81-splice-coupler-...

If that solves the problem the 7.5 dB loss the 4 way splitter introduces reduces the signal strenth at the end of the new coax run.  You could try a replacement piece of coax, or new connectors, to see if that helps.

If step 2 doesn't solve the problem....

3)  Try the STB in another location, with a different run of coax, to make eliminate the coax and/or connectors as the problem, and to make sure the STB isn't the problem itself.   Make sure you're using RG-6 coax and not RG-59 or some other type.

Re: Moved STB to another room & It's not working
mobyric1
Enthusiast - Level 3

As oldguy69 said change the coax to a different leg on the splitter since sometimes one leg will fail while the others are fine. I assume the box was working in the location from which it was moved which would mean the box is ok. If the splitter and the box are both ok thats bad news since that means there is a problem with the coax from the splitter to the location.  Could be just a bad connector (dont forget there are connectors behind the wall-plates too) or a bad barrel (the one on the wall-plate) or the coax itself could be bad. A tech with a meter could track down the issue pretty quickly but it may cost you.

0 Likes