Multi-Room DVR Issues (Intermittent) - "Multi-Room Encountered a problem"
icalvo
Enthusiast - Level 2

First to get equipment and set-up out of the way here's what I have.

Actiontec REV  F Router (Moca Internet)

QIP7232 DVR (500GB Multi-Room DVR)

QIP7100 (Silver HD Box)

The issue i have happens on both units. Basically on the DVR & HD STB.

I have to constantly unplug the DVR and plug back in to fix issue.

I have contacted FSC and the issue still persist.

I get this MSG "Multi-Room DVR Encountered a problem accessing the data from the DVR" Make sure DVR is plugged in and that you have at least one recording available. If problem persist unplug & replug DVR.

Re-plugging fixes the issues for maybe a day or two but it happens again.  

FCC (have called them multiple times) Have tried to reboot boxes remotely and suposely reload the firmware 1.8IMG and it fixes for maybe a few hours or days but it happens again.

To make somethings clear. My Internet is Fine have no conectivity issues, and on demand works perfectly fine. I can access DVR trhough my iphone app and see whats in it even when dvr is suposely offline.

What's annoing is that I have a lot of recordings and i really don't want to lose them!  tonight im recording shameless and wanted to wactch it in my bedroom instead im sitting here typing this for community help.  Since the FSC has not been able to resolve my issue.

Anyhelp would be greattly apreciated.

regards,

Isaac

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR Issues (Intermittent) - "Multi-Room Encountered a problem"
icalvo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update 3/8/2011

So I contacted one of the Fios Store and they informed me that i don't have a Multi-Room on my account. Even though my first bill shows i got billed for a multi-room dvr (12 Month for free) In their system is shows as a regular DVR.

This is really frustrating cause it seems like they keep re-booting my box and doing things remotely and now it looks like I lost my free DVR for 12months even though this is the same unit i been using from the begining.

What's more frustratng is that i go to work & school and the very little TV I can wacth i can't wacth in my bedroom cause of the Multi-Room DVR being removed it looks like. to top it off I had to take off Thursday now because of a Tech is coming out. Not sure hows that going to help now....especially with the nightmare i hear with billing department. I have a hunch I might be cancelling if this trouble persist. But hopefully someone has a resolution.

0 Likes