Multi-Room DVR Keeps Crashing
cgoogs

Hello,
I have been having a couple of problems with the multi-room dvr in one of my rooms. The first problem is that when I fast forward or skip ahead in a recording and hit play, the sound is gone. To fix this i always have to pause the recording and then hit play, which is very annoying.

The second and more frustrating problem is that a lot of the time a recording will just stop while watching or fast forwarding and kick me out to the normal live television. And when that happens I cannot just go back and watch it because after the freezing happens the DVR will not play anything. I will select a recording, press play, and then it will be a black small screen where the video would be and then exit itself out to live tv again.

To fix this I have to reset everything, only for it to work for a brief time before it all happens again. The box that is having the issue is connected to a non-HD tv if that matters. And of it does is there a workaround or am i just screwed? I also believe that when it happens, it affects the DVR on the other 2 boxes that aren't the main HD DVR STB.

It is becoming evident to us that switching to Verizon was a mistake with this issue along with random freezing of certain channels for no reason (usually all the sports channels will not work for a period of time. And not for a blacked out event)

I would appreciate any feedback that would be helpful to solving my DVR issue. Just dont tell me to reset the box or router because i have tried that multiple times already with no result.

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR Keeps Crashing
Jerrold_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the DVR. Having a non HD TV should not affect the DVR. We are needing to gather your information to look into your issue. Please submit your account info on the link provided. If you could also include that phone number associated with the account in the issue description.

https://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=cgoogs-forums

Jerrold_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan

0 Likes