Multi Room DVR Problems
phildas1

I just had FIOS TV installed last week and prior to signing up was told that I would be able to access  recordings on  all my TVs from the Multi Room DVR.  I have a 6416 MRDVR on my main tv and  three 6200 HD receivers and two 2500 SD receivers on additional tvs. I can access the MR DVR  recordings on the tvs connected to the 2500 receivers but when I try to access the MR DVR on the 6200 HD receivers  I get  a  message saying that the DVR is not authorized on that set top box. I called TECH support and was informed that it is not possible to access MR DVR  on HD Receivers.  I have read other threads with people saying they can access  MR DVR on their HD recevers.  Did I get the wrong equipment at installation or what is the real story with FIOS TV and MR DVR. At this point I am very confused.

Phil Das

0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVR Problems
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You can access the MR-DVR on the 6200 boxes. They gave you incorrect information.
0 Likes
phildas1
How do I do this?  Is it something they need to activate remotely? Every time I try to access the DVR it comes up with the same error message on all three  6200 boxes.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Try unplugging all the boxes. Plug the DVR back in and wait for it to reset. Then plug the rest of the STBs in and wait for them to reset. Try the 6200 boxes and see if it now works.
0 Likes
phildas1
no luck. reset everything and still nothing on the 6200 boxes. back on the phone with tech support now.
0 Likes
phildas1
 Just got off the phone with tech support. After he reinitialized all my boxes and reloaded them he checked with higher level of support and said the  current firmware for my  three boxes (QIP6200-2)  doesn't support MR DVR access and that they expect a firmware upgrade "soon". Guess I am out of luck for now.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You need firmware 1.6 I thought everybody already got that update. Sorry, I guess there are still a few states that haven't been updated yet.
0 Likes
phildas1
I do have firmware 1.6, build 6.89. .Am I getting the run around from tech support?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

under menu go to help then diagnostics and run that tell me what you have on all 3 HD boxes

0 Likes
phildas1

Thanks for: responding: Here is what I have on each  HD box under self diagnostics:

1)  RF Connection  OOB S/N Ratio: 25 DB

Cable Connectivity : Successful

NETWORK Connection  LAN: 192.168.1.101

WAN: 173.51.176.66

Gateway: Successful(192.168.1.1

DNS: Failed

EPG Server: Successful

Widget Server: Successful

Fios On The Go: Not Applicable

2)  RF Connection  OOB S/N Ratio: 19 DB

Cable Connectivity: Successful

NETWORK Connection  LAN: 192.168.1.104

WAN: 173.51.176.66

Gateway Successful (192.168.1.1)

DNS: Failed

EPG Server: Successful

Widget Server : Successful

Fios On The Go : NotApllicable

3)  3rd receiver same results as above  With LAN 192.168.100  and OOB S/N Ratio 26DB

0 Likes