Re: Multi-Room DVR Working Perfectly?
squatch1969

I think that was I.    Just to reiterate here, I have a 6416 HD DVR and then an HD STB in the master bedroom. We usally will pick up HD programming in the bedroom off the MR DVR. Since the 1.6.1 update last Tuesday morning, we still occasionally encounter the Hub error message. This AFTER I had told my wife that it was "fixed." HA!   I didn't get a chance to use it last night but will try again tonight to see if any errors pop up. I did reboot the HD STB and will do the same for the DVR just in case although both have shown the new IMG since last Tuesday.

Stay tuned...

0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please update, squatch.  Very interested to see how this turns out.

Techman (or another VZ rep.) - what is the procedure now?  1.6.1 was meant to fix the HUB error message, and we are now learning it does not?  Does this mean roll-out to the other VHOs will be delayed?  Does this mean another IMG is needed (1.6.2) to fix this problem?  Why would 1.6.1 be released if it doesn't address what is was supposed to?

Don't mean to be a pain, but these answers will help me decide if I should just go with 2 separate DVRs, or if I should dump VZ entirely.  Much like squatch, my wife is getting upset with the VZ quality - and one thing I don't need is an upset wife.

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
 Please keep us posted squatch1969. You are the first I have read to be having the Hub Nag issue since the new update. I was looking foward to getting the new update so I could say goodbye to the nag forever.
0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vinnyv07 wrote:
 Please keep us posted squatch1969. You are the first I have read to be having the Hub Nag issue since the new update. I was looking foward to getting the new update so I could say goodbye to the nag forever.

Nope - others, who have 1.6.1, are now reporting a return of the HUB error over at dslreports.  Saying it was okay for a few days (except, of course, for the FF problem that wasn't fixed at all), but that they are now getting the error on a regular basis again. 

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Oh boy.  This news is a real bummer.  I'm still puzzled why Verizon has been advertising Multi-room DVR service pretty heavily lately when they know full well it's broken.  IMO, Verizon's QA department as failed at its job.  And whoever decided to say "screw it, let's release it to the public anyways" should be fired.

I may have to ditch the MR-DVR service and just run separate DVRs.  I've been dealing with these hub messages for too long now in hopes that it would be fixed soon.

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Verizon Corporate,

For a company who is trying to entice people to switch, this is not a good way to leave a good "First Impression" to those who make the jump.  This is also not a great way to grow your customer base by "Word Of Mouth", as many current customers are pretty frustrated and would not have very kind things to say to those thinking of switching.  Please halt whatever extraneous features you are working on (eg. games) and throw all of your powers, developers, and testers into fixing these serious glitches.

V/R,

-Chuck Simpson

0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Word now is that the 1.6.1 update is being delayed from further roll-out.  Apparently, the audio issue is the reason, but hopefully they properly address the MR-DVR bug too.  Oh well . . .

0 Likes
squatch1969
Update: So last night the wife and I watched 24 and American Idol via the MR DVR without any HUB errors. And we were recording other shows at the same time,too FYI.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3
Both recorded in HD?  Did you FF and/or skip through the commercials?
0 Likes
squatch1969

Both in HD and yes I skipped the commercials using only the FF button.

Message Edited by squatch1969 on 01-21-2009 11:52 AM
0 Likes