Re: Multi-Room DVR Working Perfectly?
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe ALL these issues have been FIXed in settop code 1.6.2.  Anyone here have 1.6.2 settop code (just pushed out receintly) and STILL have these "Cannot locate network hub" or "the FF issue where it skips back to the beginning of the show" issue still????

0 Likes
wagnerism

I have the "Unable to locate Hub" message on my Release 1.6.0 DVR.

I called Verizon to see about the update to v1.6.2.

My particular pull from the tech support pool had never heard of this message or this problem.  I wouldn't expect all of them to know everything, so I told him what I have found out about the problem.  He still stuck with the "firmware won't help your problem" statement that he gave when I asked for it.  I cut those guys a lot of slack because they have all types of miscreants calling them demanding stuff that doesn't make sense.

I went along with the "init" resetting the boxes and such.  I had reset everything myself beforehand just to be sure that these problems weren't self-inflicted.  If he did what every caller asked without checking, he'd be helping them cause more problems..

After being persistent, the tech put me on hold and talked to his supervisor.  I think the key was me telling him that the problem was random and that I couldn't reliably reproduce it - so let me get a ticket number so I can pick up where I left off if it happens again.  In other words, I'll go away but will be back as soon as it happens again - and we

He came back and told me his supervisor told him it was a known issue and that 1.6.2 will fix it.  He was also kind enough to tell me that the software roll-out will reach my area (northern Virginia) on March 31st.  (My thoroughness probably helped him predict that I would be asking that exact question - It was nice to see proactive support.)

So the summary:

-Verizon knows about the issue and claims that version 1.6.2 will correct it.

-The software update is being rolled out on a schedule.  If you're nice and persistent, you might get an ETA from Verizon support.

-You cannot get an update to v1.6.2 by calling support and asking for it.

-The internet is AWESOME.  If not for the internet, I probably would have been told to go pound sand.

0 Likes
R_E_L
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok folks,

I have bad news to report.

I did get the 1.6.2 version and I have the report this is bad update. Indeed I haven't seen the hub error message but the current behavior is by far, far worse then it used to be.

Main issue I am seeing is bad streaming. Playing FF, I many time get screen full of pixels and frozen pictures or blank picture. Sometime it 100% stuck and all I can do is press stop and guess what .... FF to the place I was.

Other times the picture is frozen but voice/sound continues.

I am also seeing more on-deman errors (error 51 is I recall) ...

all in all, if what I see is inductive of what others will be seeing I will have to recommend to Verizon to stop the rollout as this is by far worse experience then it used to be.

In case Verizon doesn't listen, I really hope for your sake that you are not next inline to get this update.

I am located in WA state in the Redmond area where the wife is starting to get really annoyed (she doesn't know there was a fix for the old problem she just told that "it seems to get worse and worse")

btw: we got the update in the past 3-5 days and it was very noticeable when we got the update and things are getting from bad to worse

best of luck and sorry for being the bad messenger. will be good for other to check their version and let us know if you see similar issues

Verizon folks: feel free to contact me with more information should you read this thread and need more info.   

0 Likes
R_E_L
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just read on another post (by techman) that WA got their update for 1.6.2 only on 3/13. If this is the case, the issues i have been seeing and reporting seems to me unralated to the new update. That being the case, i take my posting back (of i only knew how) till i had more time to try things out.

@R_E_L wrote:

Ok folks,

I have bad news to report.

I did get the 1.6.2 version and I have the report this is bad update. Indeed I haven't seen the hub error message but the current behavior is by far, far worse then it used to be.

Main issue I am seeing is bad streaming. Playing FF, I many time get screen full of pixels and frozen pictures or blank picture. Sometime it 100% stuck and all I can do is press stop and guess what .... FF to the place I was.

Other times the picture is frozen but voice/sound continues.

I am also seeing more on-deman errors (error 51 is I recall) ...

all in all, if what I see is inductive of what others will be seeing I will have to recommend to Verizon to stop the rollout as this is by far worse experience then it used to be.

In case Verizon doesn't listen, I really hope for your sake that you are not next inline to get this update.

I am located in WA state in the Redmond area where the wife is starting to get really annoyed (she doesn't know there was a fix for the old problem she just told that "it seems to get worse and worse")

btw: we got the update in the past 3-5 days and it was very noticeable when we got the update and things are getting from bad to worse

best of luck and sorry for being the bad messenger. will be good for other to check their version and let us know if you see similar issues

Verizon folks: feel free to contact me with more information should you read this thread and need more info.   

0 Likes
Spacely

Anyone else have an update on the 1.6.2 update on how its working?  How about a roll-out date for Dallas?!

I upgraded to all-HD boxes about a month ago and have had the hub error ever since.  Never had it with my standard STB's.

0 Likes
R_E_L
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Spacely wrote:

Anyone else have an update on the 1.6.2 update on how its working?  How about a roll-out date for Dallas?!

I upgraded to all-HD boxes about a month ago and have had the hub error ever since.  Never had it with my standard STB's.

so far so good.

The only issue I found is that sometimes while watching the video the screen "stretch mode" change and rest itself. I suspect the system is resetting its viewing setting in the middle when it runs to some hiccup.

The stretch feature is the one you get to by pressing the "#" sign when you want to stretch a 4:3 show to full screen mode.

0 Likes
dvrnotsogood
yup.  still have those problems and they are extremely frustrating.  this functionality is no comparison to the Dish capabilities in multi-room playback.  it's too bad Verizon can be good at so much...but so poor at this. 
0 Likes