Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Multi-Room DVR Working Perfectly?

jgannon87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Multi-Room DVR Working Perfectly?

Message 11 of 67
(7,780 Views)

It's funny, I did not think to ask for the ticket number.  Duh.

It's good to know that you know that you have a bug.  They should let the reps know.

This board is very good.  Especially if Verizon monitors it.  What a great way to find production problems.

TheSanchez
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 12 of 67
(7,779 Views)
Unfortunatly, all representatives have access to the internal site we use to monitor bug updates/img changes/img emulators etc.  Not very many read them though as those of us who do take the calls aren't really provided very much time for that kind of stuff.  Such is the nature of the beast though.  Hope the above info in my previous post helps put you guys at ease -Smiley Happy

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

vinnyv07
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 13 of 67
(7,728 Views)

Let me start off by saying that I am glad this is getting some response. I would like to say that I love the Verizon service so far. I expected some glitches along the way because this is a new service that is providing new technology. The unable to locate hub message is a bug that happens now and again. It just happened to me as I was watching South Park which is a recording was not in HD. 10 mins into the program the nag comes up. So it is all playback Hd and Std recordings.

I would like to thank The Sanchez for posting in this forum and giving us some of his time. The only way this problem will be fixed is if people complain about it. I can't deal with this nag for another month or two so I am ordering std receivers to replace my HD receivers in my room. When Verizon fixes the problem, I will bother them again for the HD receivers. But for sure I am a Verizon customer for life because I feel they give the customer so much more than cable or Directv.

jake5975
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 14 of 67
(7,650 Views)
Got my first error message last night.  Watching a one-hour HD recording upstairs in bedroom (MR-DVR is downstairs in family room).  First, was skipping (30 second) through a commercial when the recording went back to beginning.  Then, fast forwarded to that point again, hit play, and the HUB error came up.  Went back to the beginning, fast forwarded again to the same point, and again it reset to beginning.  The night before, I got through a 1/2 hour HD recording with no problem (seems like problems for others on this board are with 1 hour or more recordings??).  Using the 6000 series boxes (both MR-DVR and the HD STB).  A little frustrating since I'm still in the first week of servivce. 
Message Edited by jake5975 on 11-16-2008 09:43 AM
vinnyv07
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 15 of 67
(7,631 Views)
Sometimes it will happen two hours in or 10 mins in. It seems random to me...but it does happen. I watch a ton of tv in my bedroom from the DVR which is in my living room. I hope they fix it though.
gdi
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 16 of 67
(7,557 Views)

To TS, all: Has anyone had this drop-out problem while trying to play NON-HD recordings at a remote site? HD is all I've recorded so far.

I have the same symptoms as everyone. I also noticed that on fast forwarding through a commmercial, that when I would return to "Play", the counter would momentarily indictate that it had gone back to the begining of the recording, but then would quickly indicate (and play) the correct location. However, after abt 20-30 min, it would begin to screw up, often with no 'lost hub' error that we've all been experiencing. My 4 mos old Verizon/Fios setup is:

1-DVR main (the hub) 

1-STB slave (upstairs BR) Verizon tech has replaced this once, trying to fix the 'lost hub' prob

The Fios back-up entry box is in the walk-up attic. No temp extremes up there, though

The verizon phone techs have taken me all through all the various resets, including the router (that was fun). The house cabling/fiber is all new Fios, up to the back-up entry box. The rest of the TV wiring from the 'back-up entry box' is largely 2-3yr old COX co-ax.. The main DVR has never screwed up. However, this week, the Verizon guy is bringing out a new DVR to try next. Based on what I've read so far, it's probably a software/firmware prob and the new DVR will have no effect. more as it develops. Bill
rayjc1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 17 of 67
(7,517 Views)

@gdi wrote:

To TS, all: Has anyone had this drop-out problem while trying to play NON-HD recordings at a remote site? HD is all I've recorded so far.

Yes, I've had the Unable to Locate Hub error with both SD & HD recordings. It has occurred when DVR was recording something else, or recording nothing. Doesn't seem to matter what DVR is doing; have tried leaving DVR "off" with both tuners set to SD channels (like 49 & 119) but that doesn't help either.

It's not wiring. All my wiring is new &/or recently checked by Vz techs in person. It's very unlikely replacing the box(es) will fix it either; all my boxes are relatively new (less than 2 months). It's a software bug. I hope they fix it soon.

It's only with the HD STB (QIP-6200), my SD box (QIP-2500) never had this error. Until they fix it I wouldn't recommend anyone pay for a MR-DVR to stream to a QIP-6200 STB, it's very frustrating.

vinnyv07
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 18 of 67
(7,486 Views)
I couldn't have said it better. Getting the nag is driving me nuts.
tex_ka95
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 19 of 67
(7,080 Views)
I can't believe this.  I replaced my 2 SD STB's for HD STB's because Verizon offered them at no extra cost.  Now I find out that they don't work and Verizon knew the whole time!?!?!  The only reason I got them is because playback was not that great on the old boxes and I was hopeing the new ones would be better.  Now they are useless!!!  {please keep your posts courteous} 
Message Edited by KaLin on 12-04-2008 10:56 PM
amckenzie
Contributor
Contributor

Message 20 of 67
(6,726 Views)
This happened to me for the 1st time last night and it has to be one of teh most annoying things.  After i had to pull teeth to convince my wife about switching to verizon etc...thsi happens twice during a 2 hour movie.  We had to fast forward thru the movie 2 times.  She was not pleased at all.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.