Multi-Room DVR and HD DVR?
REMST19

Is it possible yet to have a multi-room DVR and an HD-DVR?  I want to have my downstairs DVR be the multi-room DVR and be able to watch the shows that I record upstairs on that DVR in addition to the shows recorded downstairs.  It seems I can never get a correct answer from Verizon sales until AFTER I attempt to do this and they send me the equipment!  Twice now they told me it could be done, send me out a new box(no idea why when it is a software upgrade) and then when it does not work I call and tell them and they say it can not be done.  I always tell them that I have 2 DVR's already and give my example.  Today was the second time this happened and they sent me the older 6416 box when I had the 7 series.  I hope this can be done soon or better yet they start putting bigger hard drives into the DVR's!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi-Room DVR and HD DVR?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Yes you can have a multi-room DVR and a DVR BUT you can't stream from a multi-room DVR to  another DVR - if that is your question.  You can have as many as 7 DVRs in a system, but no multi-room capability in that situation.

In the future try to phrase your question a little more clearly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Yes you can have a multi-room DVR and a DVR BUT you can't stream from a multi-room DVR to  another DVR - if that is your question.  You can have as many as 7 DVRs in a system, but no multi-room capability in that situation.

In the future try to phrase your question a little more clearly.

0 Likes
REMST19

Yes, that was my question.  I always had 2 DVRs and simply wanted to upgrade to a Multiroom DVR to stream to the other.  My point was that Verizon knew I had 2 DVR's and I explained to them(more clearly than here) what I wanted to do.  I had heard rumors that it was capable now, that is why I contacted them and thought it was available now.  Hopefully larger size DVR's come about.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Kinakala

I have been asking the same question for some time (since 12/2009) and get a reply of "sorry for the inconvenience".  What kind of an answer is that?  I have three HD set top boxes ... One is standard (no DVR),  one is HD DVR, and one is a HOME Media DVR (multi room DVR).  I would like to strongly suggest to VZ sales/management for FIOS TV, that VZ consider the development of a feature to allow all set top boxes to view all programs recorded on all DVRs regardless of type of DVR.  Presently, only the standard HD can view the programs on the Home Media DVR.  Standard HD STB cannot see the recorded programs on the HD DVR.  The DVRs cannot see each others recorded programs.   

0 Likes