Multi-Room DVR not Fast Forwarding Properly on STB
CoatesT25

All,

I was trying to watch the 'Skins Cowboys game again on my Multi-Room DVR and when I am watching it from a remote box (not the main DVR), everytime I try to fast forward, when I hit Play it just jumps back to where I started trying to fast forward from.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR not Fast Forwarding Properly on STB
jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  have the same problem, only on shows recorded on my DVR that are broadcast on NBC.

Bumping up as a VZ tech has not replied to my post or yours.

mikesa1

I have the same problem but just noticed it starting after a  software update the beginning of last week,  I have multiple DVR's and It seems to be a problem when watching a recording on a different DVR than rhe one that it was recorded on.  Verizon Tech suggested replacing the DVR Box on which the symptom appeared without troublshooting much at all.  Tech suggested an unplug "reboot", she sent signal to DVR where the viewing problem was taking place, the problem was not solved.  Tech is going to send me a new DVR.  this probably will not solve the issue at all.  I will probably continue to personnally trouble shoot exactly when and with what combination of recording device and/or viewing decvice is related to when the symtom appears.  Once again on my main DVR recordings seem to FF and RW fine but viewing a recording from another DVR on the same main DVR is where the problem occurs.

Mike.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@mikesa wrote:

I have the same problem but just noticed it starting after a  software update the beginning of last week,  I have multiple DVR's and It seems to be a problem when watching a recording on a different DVR than rhe one that it was recorded on.  Verizon Tech suggested replacing the DVR Box on which the symptom appeared without troublshooting much at all.  Tech suggested an unplug "reboot", she sent signal to DVR where the viewing problem was taking place, the problem was not solved.  Tech is going to send me a new DVR.  this probably will not solve the issue at all.  I will probably continue to personnally trouble shoot exactly when and with what combination of recording device and/or viewing decvice is related to when the symtom appears.  Once again on my main DVR recordings seem to FF and RW fine but viewing a recording from another DVR on the same main DVR is where the problem occurs.

Mike.

Hello,

As workarounds to Fast Forward, have you tried:

-- the 'Chaptering' feature on the DVR yet?

When you press Play while viewing a recorded program, you'll see Chapters right above the mini-info.  Click on the scroll up arrow and then you'll see the programs chapters by timestamp and you can navigate to a selected chapter.

- changing your FiOS TV Remote's 'Skip' button settings to 1 minute or 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds.  To do this, go to DVR -- Settings -- Skip, and then select 1 min or 5 mins.

Sorry I don't have a clear-cut answer to the Fast Forward and Rewind not working well on the other DVRs except to try some autofix steps from the FiOS TV Remote such as: 

a) Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

b) Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set Top Box Auto-Correction

c) DVR - Autofix MRDVR Issues

Also, do you have the same model DVRs for your set-up?

0 Likes
thomsen042112

We are having the same issue with ours. Was yours ever fixed?  Ours just started working again randomly....On the whole our cable has been incredibly spotty and we've only had Fios for a month!!

0 Likes
jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

In respone to 22Becca...the chaptering only works on DVR. 

My problems are with replay on set top boxes with shows broadcast on NBC.

Something new I tried, it seems as though the problem is with NBC HD broadcasts, 

as SD replay on STBs, the FF works.

I have tried everything.

In home agent, and tech support by phone.

The tech I spoke with said he has never seen a problem like

this before!

I know that it happened after the last software update, and I'm 

hoping that someone from VZ will see this and also report to the

powers-to-be.

0 Likes
wmoran

Just wanted to bump this since I'm having the same problem.  It seems to occur on random channels as some shows can be fast forwarded.  Anyone hear of any solutions?  

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bump also, even though I just started a new thread (sorry mods).  This happens exclusively on CBS programs for me. The skip ahead 5/15/30 sec feature works fine.

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hurro!~

Back to the front!

0 Likes
jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem, as stated above. Only shows recorded on NBC HD.

Replaced router

Replaced DVR

Still didn't work.

Got phone call from Verizon agent the other night stating that this is a

'known problem' and they are working on it.

My private case was closed as there is nothing more tech service can do.

We can only wait and hope that this 'known problem' will be fixed.

0 Likes