Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Multi Room DVR question

vfrankowski
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Multi Room DVR question

Message 1 of 4
(4,463 Views)

Just got FIOS yesterday.  Sorry for the newbee question.  The search feature on the forums does not deliver many answers.  We have on multi room hd dvr, one hd box, and one sd box.  I am assuming that because we recorded shows in hd, there is no way to watch those programs on the sd box?  Obviously we were not expecting the sd box to display the video in anything but standard, but I did not know if the boxes were capable of sharing the content by down scaling the content.  Any advice or I am going to have to get an HD box for my non-hd tv?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Multi Room DVR question

Message 2 of 4
(4,461 Views)
Yeah no HD streaming to a HD box, you would ether have to record the shows in SD that you want to watch on your other TV, or get a HD box. From what I have read, your SD TV will get a better picture with the HD channels then you will with the SD channels. But again that's what I hear, and have not tried it myself.
vfrankowski
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,460 Views)
thanks for the info
Mitri360
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(4,331 Views)
i have the multi room dvr and 2 hd stb's. and the picture is cleaner on the hd stb's hooked up to sd tv's at least with rca's...and it will stream the hd recordings. only problem is its 1 at a time. you can stream up to 3 sd recordings. but only 1 hd.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title