Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Multi Room DVR

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Multi Room DVR

Message 1 of 4
(4,099 Views)

I've been having an extremely annoying problem with my multiroom dvr.

As it gets later in night, I often like to shut off the tv in the living room (where the DVR is located) and go to bed to finish watching whatever I had recorded.  Unfortunately, my brand new FiOS multi room dvr pretty much makes this impossible.

For example.... I watched 1 hour of a 2 hour movie in the living room, exited it, and then went to bed.  When I turned on the bedroom box, hit "resume play" and my recording starts up where I left off.  I then hit the rewind to go back a couple of minutes, the recording starts from the beginning!!!!!   Do you know how long it takes to fast forward an hour on a multi room DVR??  FOREVER!!!   When I finally get to where I want, I hit play.  The last time I did this, the screen just froze and the display of the box said "PLAY" or "PLAYING", I forget which.  I waited about 10 seconds and nothing changed.  So I hit FF and then I hit REWIND, and then BAM!!!! back to the beginning!!!!

I can't even begin to explain how frustrating this is.  It has also occured a couple of times with 1 hour programs.  ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I am going to spend an hour on the phone with tech support tomorrow, they will get nowhere with me, and then end up sending me a new box.  I've already had one box replaced in the living room, I've only had the service for less than two months!!!!!!1   ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 02-23-2009 08:15 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Multi Room DVR

Message 2 of 4
(4,077 Views)
The multiroom DVR is filled with bugs like that. It's been like this for over a year now, hopefully one day they'll get around to fixing it.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 3 of 4
(4,063 Views)
Fast forwarding is a nightmare.  I tested it this morning.  It takes 3 minutes to fast forward through 20 minutes of programming from my bedroom box.   THREE MINUTES???????  When I go to bed at night I just want to relax and watch a little TV.  Instead, FiOS has my blood pressure going through the roof!
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 4
(4,036 Views)
ok this may help you from freezing it up try this: When your fastforwarding only fast forward 30 min then play for a few secs then FF again do this in increments of 30 min and it won't freeze. It is something that In know is being addressed. I do know that this is extremely annoying and apologise for that but it will be fixed.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.