Multi-room DVR Issues with SD 2500 Receiver
shooters00

I have the following problems with my standard definition receiver (2500) when receiving content from my multi-room DVR:

• If viewing programs of length around 1.5-2 hours or more (aka movies or football games), if you fast forward through a comercial and stop then playback starts from the very beginning of the show.  This is really annoying and makes the DVR for movies or sports pretty useless.  I have found that you can sometimes mitigate this issue by pressing pause...but it doesn't consistently work.
  • When you press play after fast forwarding any show, the show will play audio/video briefly before resetting to a place 'x' number of seconds prior to that point (depending on the speed you fast forwarded).  This is also very annoying.
  • For playback, when a show is recording on the main DVR, you often won't get the option to start playback from the beginning.

Is anyone else having any or all of these problems?  The first issue is the most important.  I want to confirm that these are not receiver problems.  I'm guessing these are just multi-room DVR issues.

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR Issues with SD 2500 Receiver
matcarl
Master - Level 1
These problems have been going on since January. Supposedly the fix they are giving us in a couple of weeks will repair all of this. I am hoping so, it is very bad. For starting the show from the beginning while it is taping: temp fix: select the show and press ok, then while it is playing go back into the DVR menu again and select the show again, this time it gives an option to start from beginning.
0 Likes
shooters00
Thanks for responding.  It is just good to know that others are experiencing the same problems.
0 Likes
DrBill
I have found that unplugging the DVR for a period of time (usually more than a few minutes) corrects a lot of the remote control problems.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Not the problems the original poster described. Those are known bugs which are supposed to be fixed soon.
Message Edited by matcarl on 09-03-2008 02:39 PM
0 Likes
HokiePerogi
Enthusiast - Level 2

shooters00,

I have the same type of issue while fast forwarding through shows.  When I try to watch Big Brother and fast forward or 30-second skip through any commercials in the second half of the show, my HD STB will send me back to near the beginning of the show.  I'm playing the show on a HD non-DVR box by streaming it from the DVR.

I believe there are a few other threads on this.  I'm actually researching this issue myself before calling Verizon to ask for a refund of my Media Center / Multi-room DVR fee until it's fixed.

0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@shooters00 wrote:
  • When you press play after fast forwarding any show, the show will play audio/video briefly before resetting to a place 'x' number of seconds prior to that point (depending on the speed you fast forwarded).  This is also very annoying.

I don't consider to be a problem.  In fact I LIKE this feature.  When you are fast-forwarding, when you notice that you have the reached the point where you want to resume playback, you inevitably press the "Play" button as it flies by that point.  With other DVRs, I have always had to REWIND a few seconds after pressing PLAY from FF.  I would bet that they figured MOST people don't have lightning-quick reflexes, so they programmed in a 1 or 2 second "REVERSE" to get closer to where you INTENDED the playback to resume.  Although inexact, I find this feature pretty darned useful and like it very much.  

0 Likes