Switch Account

Multi-room DVR and router location

Multi-room DVR and router location

Contributor dfwzebra
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(4,774 Views)

My multi-room DVR was working fine and so was the Internet, but the only problem was that the wireless Internet signal was too weak for my computer's location.  I was told by 2 different Verizon tech support people that I could move the router upstairs and the multi-room DVR would still work, even though the actual multi-room DVR is still downstairs. 

So far, the multi-room DVR is not working, but the Internet is and the wireless signal is much stronger for my computer. 

Does anybody know if there is a way to move the router and not have it directly connected to the multi-room DVR?

5 REPLIES 5
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 2 of 6
(4,738 Views)
Is the router connected via COAX?  The COAX cable must be connected for the multi-room DVR to work.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 6
(4,612 Views)

I had a similar problem recently with my MR-DVR.  I made some changes to my Routers Configuration which required a power cycle.  Afterwards my STB and DVR still worked fine, but the STB could not find the MR-DVR.  I had to reboot the MRDVR and STB to get everything back in sync.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 6
(4,590 Views)
Yeah, maybe the MR-DVR lost its IP address.  You should be able to go into Menu -> Settings -> System Information -> IP Address and see if you have something like a 192.168.1.xxx address.  If the address isn't something similar to this, then it may require a power cycle (unplug, wait 30-sec, plug).
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(4,574 Views)
Does the Multiroom DVR, or the STB use the wireless, or does it communicate through the COAX cable?
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 6 of 6
(4,569 Views)

@forya1 wrote:
Does the Multiroom DVR, or the STB use the wireless, or does it communicate through the COAX cable?

It's all done over coax.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.