Multi-room DVR disappeared
mikemary945
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometime over the past two weeks, our Multi-room DVR capability disappeared.  We have had HD DVR for several years now, and have always been able to access the recorded programs from the other, non-DVR boxes in the house.  Recently, when we tried to access recorded programs from several of our STD STBs, we got a message telling us to select the name for the STB.  Once we got past that prompt, we were presented with a blank page of DVR-recorded programs.  When running the troubleshooting app, it tells us that it cannot detect a DVR on our network.  When running the trouble-shooting from the DVR-connected set, it tells us that the Verizon records indicate we do not have multi-room DVR.  I've double-checked our service on the off-chance that this feature was dropped from our account for some reason, but it's there and being billed.  Anyone else have the problem crop up recently?

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR disappeared
Frank_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I am very sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would like to look into this to find out what happened and get this corrected. I have sent you a private message so we can get your account information.

Thanks,

Frank_VZ

0 Likes
jkoontz

Exact issue occurred this evening.  Multi room was accessible yesterday and today the STB tells me that "This DVR is not connected to your home network".  I've run refresh devices, Vz trouble shooting, warm and cold boots, and the online diagnostics.  Nothing.  Please tell me how I can fix this as it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
brucekh

I also just discovered this today -- and all reboots/resets haven't fixed it.  I'm concerned that Verizon has updated the software and it's defective.  I live in Fairfax County, VA...

0 Likes
brucekh

Update:  I did the auto-fix with the "in-home agent" function on my main DVR.  Lo and behold, it seems to have fixed this problem.  I hope that it stays fixed!

0 Likes
DantheMan3

I was having an issue and called the Fios help number.  An automated system told me that the Multi-Room capability was going away soon and offered to send me to a sales agent to get the new DVR service.  I refused and it is currently working, but how long?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes