Multi-room DVR
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I was just wondering if there was a solution to this issue - when accessing DVR content through another HD set top box box, sometimes the responsiveness of the fast forwarding and rewinding is a bit sluggish.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I think the MRDVR is fantastic overall.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi-room DVR
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I just upgraded my DVR to the 7232 and exchanged my other two HD STB's for the 7100 P2's.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what are the model numbers for the remote set top boxes ?   The 2500 p2 and p1 seem to be naturally slow, and I am not sure if that's because of the ram in them or anything, as the p3 has quite a bit more ram.

The multiroom DVR has a quick fix troubleshoot feature in the menu.  So go to the DVR and click on the remote button that says dvr, navigate down to MRDVR troubleshooter, and run that.  see if that helps.  

Also another thought. is that the MRDVR transfers over the router and coax LAN connections.  So it could be the router and you would try rebooting it. 

matcarl
Master - Level 1

He said it was an HD box so it wouldn't be the 2500. It is a bit sluggish tough. My wife always complains that she hits Play after coming out of FF and it overshoots quite a bit. It doesn't respond quick enough.

prisaz
Legend

Even the 7232 does a few strange things locally. We can hope some of these are fixed in 1.9. My new 7232 does not pause right away and then rewinds a little and stops. Somethimes I find myself hitting pause twice thus unpausing the box. But I have learned to hit pause and wait.

NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I just upgraded my DVR to the 7232 and exchanged my other two HD STB's for the 7100 P2's.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I tried using the MRDVR troubleshoot feature and when I try to run it from any of my STB's, I receive the message to call Verizon to subscribe to the MRDVR even though it is working.  Could it be because I have all new model STB's?

0 Likes
jmancini77

I am so sick and tired of trying to get this multi room DVR to room and dealling with Verizon's satanic voice response system .

I have the Motorola set top box 7216.  The system seems to think the coax isn't connected securely even though every thing else is working fine and the cords are as tight as can be. Does it have anything to do with the fact that the wall has 2 coax coming in and only 1 connected to the system (this is the way it ws installed.)

This is really getting tiresome. I pay Verizon over $2K per year and don't expect to spend so much of my time fooling with this.  

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes