Multi-tuner DVR

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Multi-tuner DVR

Message 1 of 4
(1,541 Views)

Of course I like the Fios two tuner DVR, but almost all the services in my area (Dish, Comcast, Direct TV) have multi-tuner DVRs of 5-8 tuner capability. Is verizon planning newDVR to match this capability? If not in the forseeable future, just say so. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Multi-tuner DVR - In The Pipeline

Message 2 of 4
(1,537 Views)

@stern6602 wrote:

... I like the Fios two tuner DVR, but almost all the services in my area (Dish, Comcast, Direct TV) have multi-tuner DVRs of 5-8 tuner capability. Is verizon planning newDVR to match this capability? ...

The question now is "when" rather than "if."  Look here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Verizon-Media-Server-VMS1100-and-IPC1100-S...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,531 Views)

Ok, just what I wanted. So when?

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(1,516 Views)

All I could say in January was soon. And it seems as if soon could not be soon enough. I took pictures and posted links. This is the latest rumor I read in May. I believe Verizon wants this to be 100% before it hits the streets. If you follow the links back to the source of information, even though it said, "Verizon has driven a stake in the ground", that did not come from Verizon, but another third party source. Rumor mill? The date is up in the air right now.

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-05/verizon-fios-media-server-launch/

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.