Multiple Local Access Channels
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
As I stated before, one reason why I was hesitant about switching to FiOS was because of carriage of Local Access channels. Well, I actually noticed that, and I'm not sure if it's just a technical glitch, but not only do I get my own local access channels, but I also get the ones from some of the towns surrounding me. Is this normal, and does it work differently than it does on cable?
0 Likes
Re: Multiple Local Access Channels
Justin46
Legend

Based on my experience here in Texas, yes, it is normal. I get maybe 15 local channels for towns and school districts all over the DFW area, wherever Verizon provides FiOS service. Some are more than 50 miles away. I think the reason you see all of them is that the FiOS system has only a few distribution points where local channels can be inserted and thus you get all of them from your general area.

I only care about 3 of the channels, my city, school district, and county, so I use the Favorites function to remove all of the local channels I have no interest in and thus never see them.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Local Access Channels
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
Wow, now I noticed something even more unusual. We now have different local access channels than we did before. Of course I still get the ones in my town (Natick), but I used to get the Framingham local access channels, but now I'm getting Medway and Norfolk. The Norfolk ones are on the same channel numbers as Framingham. But how often does this happen?
0 Likes