Multiple hangups and freezes with brand new Home Media DVR
veriz106

HI all, new to FIOS and the forums.

I got TriplePlay installed on Friday. Motorola 7216 with the latest release (1.7.1).

I had to reset the remote right away on Friday night but after the reset, I didn't see any issues other than lack of responsiveness with the left arrow key.

I used the DVR for the first time last night and started seeing some high-severity bugs right away. 

* I recorded two shows at the same time and powered on and off while recording. The receiver was tuned to a locked channel at the time. THe DVR split the shows into three segments each.

* This morning, I started getting errors that the DVR could not access data. The error message advised me to unplug the unit and plug it back in again, which I did. I have had to do this three times this morning.

The picture has frozen twice this morning and the unit has rebooted itself each time.

The guide now pages forward 12 hours instead of 6 hours as well.

For the moment, I'm staying away from anything to do with the DVR and am just going to watch live TV. With luck the picture will not freeze again.

I'm pretty appalled, to be honest.

Has anyone had a similar experience lately and were your problems addressed in a satisfactory manner?

Or should I just go back to my old provider, which was more expensive but provided a much more stable DVR?

0 Likes
Re: Multiple hangups and freezes with brand new Home Media DVR
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi veriz106, sounds like you may need a new stb. If you're still having issues with this, you can either call 1-800-VERIZON for a replacement or send me a personal message with your account name and address so that I can send you one.

0 Likes