Multiroom DVR Issues
mdyeatts
I am having a problem with my Multiroom DVR and Remote Control.  There is a tremendous delay in communicating between the remote and DVR. Lately, there have been issues that the box won't tune to the channel requested.   Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I don't have the problem with my other two standard def set top boxes.  It has become such a problem that I am considering turning the box in and getting TIVO. 
0 Likes
Re: Multiroom DVR Issues
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Many people are reporting that, including me, it seems to only affect the DVR. Hopefully the new firmware upgrade soon will fix it.
0 Likes
ambruno1132
I have noticed a delay, but a few seconds isn't that bad.  Perhaps it will teach me some patience.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's not a delay, the STB doesn't register some commands.
0 Likes
lieba
I have had FIOS TV for just over a month. We have had to reset the box more than 12 times, had the original DVR replaced and the original Router replaced. We cant watch OnDemand on the multi room DVR cause it pixelates all the time. ALl they keep telling me is they don't know why, they hare having issues with the DVRs and supposedly the patch download is going to occur tonight (Sunday).  I wish I never gave up directtv for this stupid FIOS tv when we moved into this apt a month ago. I am so dissapointed in this service I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy
0 Likes
BigDaddyTees
Enthusiast - Level 2
Common problem with this DVR. It may be faulty and replacement may be your only option. My original DVR went bad after less than a year and needed to be reset several times a day due to freeze ups and simply not working as it was supposed to.
0 Likes
lieba
yes alot of us are having the same issues. I have even contacted another cable company and have begun negotiating for no installlation charges. Verizon told me that they would charge me an early termination fee which I wont pay.  We can't use the DVR to watch OnDemand at all. We have to reset the box alot.  I HATE FIOS TV
0 Likes
BigDaddyTees
Enthusiast - Level 2
When The DVr does have to be reset due to a power outage/someone tripping over the cord or whatever other reason there needs to be a reset, it seems to take forever to boot back up again, sometimes it needs to be unplugged again and again before it’ll reboot the proper way.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I think it takes way less time to boot back up than my last cable company
0 Likes
BigDaddyTees
Enthusiast - Level 2
Sometimes there are signal issues with your wireless router or cable wire that can effect your set top box and the quality of your service so it’s not always the box itself. It’s a matter of unhooking something (router, cable) and plugging it back in again.

A lot of times this alone fixes the problem.

0 Likes