Multiroom DVR STB Keeps Resetting
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past 36 hours or so (maybe longer), the only thing that works on my MR-DVR STB (500gb motorola version) are tv channels. Menu, DVR, guide and everything else all nonfunctional. The STB acknowledges the command, but does not do anyting. The STB does not display the time when powered off. 

Every 15 or 20 minutes (guess, havent measured). it reboots itself. On boot, it displays an error:

Please Re-Insert CableCard

I am not using a cable card. AFter displaying the message it boots up and displays TV, but again, none of the advanced features work.

I have tried resetting the MR-DVR from a separate STB. This fails with an error saying to try again later (tried many times).

I have tried resetting via in home agent. The first 5 times I used the app it did not even acknowledge I had TV service. When I finally got it to recognize that, it failed saying I had a problem it could not fix.

I have tried resetting via verizon website, but it says that it cannot reach my STB.

I refuse to pull the plug on the unit since the last 2 times I have done that it resulted in the DVR losing its pairing with my external drive (forced reformatting) and wiping 2TB worth of recordings.

I suspect that a recent update to the STB has not worked properly and it is stuck in a continual loop of trying of trying to apply it/fix itself.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiroom DVR STB Keeps Resetting
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the reboot and in home agent failure, I tried the auto-fix mrdvr from a different STB again, and it worked. no real rhyme or reason. and my external recordings are still there too. annoying, but working again

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, came home today and now the box is doing nothing but sitting there displaying 006, or 00b, cant tell. 

So even more broken, but something else I can research I suppose.

0 Likes
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

hit some buttons on the front, now it is repeating

fr 1

hunt

0 Likes
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reverted back to stuck oob. Power cycled, against my better judgement. TV channels came back. DVR functions, menu guide all still not working.

In Home Agent trying to outdo itself now... Now it says I do not have a DVR associated with my account.

Useless...

Back to square one.

0 Likes
hardcorerobot
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the reboot and in home agent failure, I tried the auto-fix mrdvr from a different STB again, and it worked. no real rhyme or reason. and my external recordings are still there too. annoying, but working again

0 Likes
Vicman1
After 4 visits to my house to check the line after 4 replacement boxes after replacing the modem and a router and the main box in the basement I had 7 hours before it started rebooting right before the Patriots game .what the hell is going on I need help any ideas gentleman?
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Vicman wrote:
After 4 visits to my house to check the line after 4 replacement boxes after replacing the modem and a router and the main box in the basement I had 7 hours before it started rebooting right before the Patriots game .what the hell is going on I need help any ideas gentleman?

How good is your power.  You Might try a UPS.

0 Likes