Multiroom HD-DVR powers off
bob91343

I have a multiroom HD-DVR in the living room, it is plugged into a power strip along with the TV, Bose system, and bookshelf stereo.  We leave the HD-DVR and Bose powered up all day, playing one of the music channels. Even if we leave the house, we leave it on.  The problem is that we can leave the house, return, and find the HD-DVR is powered off. And it sometimes happens while we are home. This started with my original box, continued with a replacement box (refurb unit) that I installed 3 weeks ago, and it is now happening with the latest replacement box - a brand new box that I installed on Monday.  And Tuesday the box shut itself off.  The Bose does not shut off.  Other threads on this topic talk about it being a bad box, but I am on my 3rd box with the same problem.  The next suggestion is maintaining sufficient clearance to avoid overheating.  The HD-DVR sits on a shelf by itself, in an open cabinet - nothing blocking the front - with several inches on each side and a few inches above it.  Anyone else have similar situation?...and did you ever get it resolved?

UPDATE:  I've been reading more entries on this forum, and it seems other that experienced this problem found their "Sleep Timer" set to 4 hours.  They changed it to "Never" and no longer had the problem.  That setting can be found at Menu/Settings/Set Top Box/Sleep Timer.  Can't wait to get home and check this out!!

0 Likes